Background and Customer Demands
At present, many countries promote the development of urban rail transit by using information technologies such as cloud computing and big data. Automation, informatization and intelligence have become the inevitable trends of urban rail transit development.
How to ensure system security and high availability while saving investment and simplifying maintenance, is the main concern of urban rail customers.
● With many independent business systems, the average CPU utilization is below 20%.
● It is complicated to construct and manage the 3-level (station, OCC, NOCC) urban rail transit system.
● The closed networks of independent business systems will have huge security risks after being connected with the Internet.
● Independent business systems cannot support unified scheduling and maintenance of resources. Data scattered in different business systems cannot be aggregated or fully used, but smart urban rail transit and driverless metro need to be supported by data that is more comprehensive, real-time and open.
ZTE Urban Rail Transit solution includes the establishment of urban rail cloud data center in 2-level (station, NOCC) construction and 3-level (station, OCC, NOCC) management model, to achieve domain-based management of safe production, internal management, and external service. The cloud data center provides unified O&M of resources, data, applications and security, and works in active-active mode to assure high availability of key services.
● Cloud platform supporting one service system of one line (subway, light rail, monorail, intercity rail, tram).
● Cloud platform supporting multiple service systems of one line (subway, light rail, monorail, intercity rail, tram).
● Cloud platform supporting multiple service systems of all lines in a city (subway, light rail, monorail, intercity rail, tram).
● Active-active data centers: The solution adopts active-active local data centers to realize active-active operation and disaster recovery of business and data. Data centers are connected through DWDM to realize multi-layer interconnection of service and storage.
● Two-level construction and three-level management: It cancels the line center servers, retains IT infrastructure for stations and NOCCs, and the management station of the line center, simplifying the IT infrastructure.
● Three Clouds: The infrastructure is divided into three clouds, respectively for production operation, enterprise management, and Internet service. Meanwhile, the external access zone is provided to achieve logical isolation between regions, thus ensuring system security.
● Unified management portal: Resources of all levels and all regions are uniformly connected to the management zone through the management network to realize unified management. A user-friendly management interface is provided to reduce workload.
● Increased resource utilization: The solution improves resource utilization by 50%+, IT O&M efficiency by 60%+, and reduces PUE to 1.3. It integrates data islands to provide technical guarantee for big data mining, process optimization, and model innovation.
● Higher security and reliability: The overall design meets class-3 information system protection requirements. The reliability of business systems reaches 99.999%, approaching the core business level of the rail transit industry.
● Smart O&M: The solution uses unified service standards of resources, data, applications, and security, and supports convenient and flexible maintenance.