The ZTE Common Edge MEC solution includes an MEP capability exposing platform, a lightweight edge cloud, a full range of edge-oriented servers, and edge acceleration. The architecture of the ZTE Common Edge MEC solution is shown in the following figure:
ZTE's Common Edge solution focuses on 4C:
Capability: Exposing platform for the joint construction of an ecosystem
- Network capability exposing: More than 100 kinds of edge network information and capabilities such as LBS (high-precision location service), RNIS (Radio network information service), TCPO (TCP optimization service) and VO (video optimization service) are exposed to the external, accelerating service innovation.
- Application enabling: The solution provides video identification services, low latency video services, IoT equipment management services, and support integrating third party services.
Connection: Multiple models and fixed/mobile convergence
- Oriented to full connection: The solution integrates access of wireless network and fixed network, supporting multiple systems such as 4G/5G/WiFi.
Cloud: Cloudified deployment and unified O&M
- Through in-depth integration of OpenStack and Kubernetes, the solution provides operators with a unified edge cloud view, and a mature resource management system involving unified computing, unified network, unified storage and unified security, improving management efficiency and improving resource utilization.
- Precise management components are jointly deployed with compute nodes. Lightweight edge cloud can save management resources by 60%.
- The AI-based MEC unified cloud management platform provides unified management of central DC and edge cloud to implement non-attendance and automatic O&M of edge cloud.
Compute: Dedicated hardware and heterogonous acceleration
- Embedded hardware: TITAN Series C600 are provided for no extra space. The MEC card for site DC is embedded in TITAN C600, providing close to user deployment and zero footprint.
- Edge-oriented MEC servers: ZTE provides E5430 450-mm short chassis server with 3 PCIe slots and easy front wiring design and maintenance for small edge DC space, meeting the requirement of edge hardware acceleration and expansion.
- Edge acceleration: Flexible hardware acceleration (GPU and FPGA) meets AI, image processing and video processing.
Welcome to download ZTE Common Edge White Paper