PTN already replaces MSTP and becomes the main bearer network of the mobile backhaul network. Unified interfaces and high bandwidth utilization are the main advantages of PTN. PTN is developed rapidly, but it is confronted with resource bottleneck and potential security exposure. Service channels are dynamic, and networks are highly self-managed, so it is difficult to guarantee bandwidth and perform O&M management. 4G-LTE services has higher requirements for bandwidth and QoS in bearer networks.
Challenges to Customers
- In terms of network resource, there are no idle slots or ports, and new services cannot be provided. Insufficient link resource is the bottleneck that restricts network development. How to make use the existing network and device resources at the maximum extent?
- In terms of network security, how do topology structures support protection for different types of networks? How to guarantee security for service interconnection? Is any sophisticated protection mechanism provided at the network side to prevent multi-point failures?
- In terms of QoS, how to guarantee bandwidth resources for services of important customers? How to monitor QoS effectively?
- In terms of maintenance efficiency, how to quickly identify key information among a large amount of performance data? How to guarantee that network monitoring is secure and effective? How to implement intelligent operation and maintenance solutions for networks?
>>Network Analysis and Estimate Service
Based on quantitative network optimization indicators, ZTE performs comprehensive and accurate analysis and estimate in terms of network bandwidth bottleneck, reasonableness of structures, potential security exposure, QoS, and system security monitoring. This provides basis for low-TCO, high-efficiency, and high-extensibility network optimization solutions.
>>Network Resource Optimization
Based on the utilization of the existing network bandwidth resources and high bandwidth requirements of data services, ZTE can simulate service traffic after services are provided. In this way, ZTE knows probable resource bottlenecks in networks, and then provides the corresponding solutions to meet bandwidth requirements of upper-layer services.
>>Network Security Optimization
Network structures, devices, and service objects are examined. Based on features of centralized mobile backhaul service, and security weak spots in networks and at interconnection side of core RNCs in PTN, solutions can be customized.
>>Service Quality Optimization
Based on analysis results of service indicators, and combining with classification and hierarchical requirements of user services, ZTE provides special solutions for Ethernet service optimization, QoS deployment optimization, and clock deployment optimization. In this way, operators can improve service performance, and guarantee bandwidth for high-priority services when congestions occur.
>>Operational Benefit Increment
Focusing on O&M difficulties and inefficient points, ZTE provides detailed operation services and high-efficiency maintenance methods, such as abnormal service cleaning, configuration optimization (naming notations), upgrade, monitoring optimization, network management partitioning and combination, and intelligent O&M tool authorization. This helps operators to perform easy maintenance and management for PTN.
- ZTE provides systematic network optimization KPIs, automatic network optimization estimate tools, and a series of intelligent network optimization delivery tools. These tools guarantee that the key links of network optimization are effective and professional.
- Guided by detailed and accurate quantitative indicators, customized optimization solutions are provided to solve bottleneck problems. With current and future requirements being met, the optimization solutions can reduce investment.
- Through systematic and comprehensive security estimate, various sophisticated solutions are provided, including the LAG protection solution, link-to-ring modification solution, dual-node solution, active and standby bridge solution, and PW dual-homing solution.
- Innovative methods for estimating device logical resources are provided. Besides visual resources, hidden functional logical resources are cared. The solutions solve hidden bottlenecks, and this is very important for future network maintenance and service provisioning.
- Little investment: The costs of reconstruction, capacity expansion, and maintenance are low. The existing networks and services are lightly affected to avoid changes of O&M systems.
- High start point: Compatible with comprehensive bearer requirements of 2G/3G/LTE, the solutions support long-term healthy development of LTE, and facilitate management, maintenance, and combination.
- Quick deployment: Topology modification, protection configuration, capacity expansion, and cutover configuration can be performed quickly.
- High efficiency: Excellently-designed mature O&M tools such as the ZXTIM400 automatic health-examination tool, wizard capacity expansion and contraction tool, and tasking cutover tool are provided. The tools are intelligent, and provide high maintenance efficiency and security. Carriers can be authorized to use the tools. This improves operators’ O&M capability.