With the development of network services, richness of service types, and diversification of terminals, market competition intensifies. Development of wireless network optimization shows the following trends:
- Wireless network optimization is developed towards the intelligent and intensive direction.
- Data mining is performed for large amount of data collected by network devices are unlocked, and network parameters and settings can be adjusted intelligently and automatically. Tools are applied to improve work efficiency, reduce optimization and maintenance costs, achieving intensive optimization management.
- The development of data services arouses great needs for bandwidth, running short of frequency spectrum resources. Therefore, wireless network optimization focuses on improving the utilization efficiency of frequency spectrum resources and adjusting the resources based on service requirements.
- Market competition intensifies, so user experience becomes a focus. Network optimization turns to service-level and user-level optimization from equipment-oriented optimization.
- Networks for different systems will coexist for a long time. Therefore, in the future, one important task of network optimization is to bear services properly in the networks and to coordinate the networks.
Challenges to Customers
- Market competition intensifies, and new services are developed constantly, so operators focus on how to keep and improve user experience.
- Rapid development of data services brings great pressure to networks. Operators need to provide support for service development through the existing networks, and construct new networks to adapt to service development.
- Solutions are required in special scenarios, such as high-speed rail, campus, and ocean.
- After networks have already operated for several years, a large number of problems emerge. It is necessary to discover and solve basic interference and antenna feeder problems quickly and effectively.
- Full use of tools is required to improve the work efficiency of network operation and optimization.
- When networks for different systems coexist, it is necessary to coordinate operation and optimization of the networks.
>>Routine Network Optimization
Routine optimization of wireless networks includes: network performance indicator monitoring, troubleshooting, top cell handling, periodic tests and analysis, network access optimization for newly-constructed sites, handover optimization, coverage optimization, frequency and scrambling code optimization, 2G/3G interoperation, and customer complaint handling. Routine network optimization guarantees stable network operation and KPIs, uplifts network performance, and promotes favorable user experience.
>>Voice Quality Improvement
Voice service is a basic service of carriers. High voice quality is an edged tool for competition. Voice quality improvement of ZTE involves in voice service estimate, voice service troubleshooting, and new voice function applications. The voice service related functions provided by the ZTE’s NetMAX optimization tool improve work efficiency and rapidly promote the voice service quality.
>>Data-Service Quality Improvement
With popularization of smart terminals and explosive development of mobile Internet services, traffic proliferates. How to guarantee users’ data-service experience becomes a problem of operators. ZTE provides the data-service improvement service to solve this problem. Based on basic optimization analysis of networks, and special optimization for different types of services, with newly-developed special features, data-service quality improvement guarantees support for data service development, and provides favorable user experience.
In networks, traffic is unbalanced and tidal. To ensure that users can use services properly, operators implement service development based on maximum configurations. This brings unbalanced network utilization and tidal phenomena. How to solve this problem is a difficulty that operators face to.
Rapid development of data services and explosive increment of traffic speeds up exhaustion of wireless network resources. Operators need to consider how to use existing resources effectively and how to construct networks in the future.
The capacity management service provided by ZTE starts from network resource monitoring, resource adjustment between busy and idle periods, network resource adjustment for tidal traffic, and future network development. The capacity management service solves the insufficient-resource problem by properly adjusting network resources such as frequencies, code channels, devices, and boards. When requirements cannot be met after resources are adjusted, the capacity management service helps operators to perform elaborate capacity expansion planning, PCC/QoS management and control, and WLAN traffic shunting. In this way, operators can take specific measures to gain quality of experience with the least investment to the maximum extent.
>>New Function Introduction
User requirements are becoming higher and higher. Primary equipment functions and features are not competent in supporting new services. As a result, operators cannot achieve some new thoughts for improving user experience and system utilization, saving energy, and reducing cost by optimizing the existing system functions. Instead, operators need to develop new functions based on user requirements. ZTE provides proper design solutions based on user requirements and existing networks. Through high-efficiency development and strict tests performed by professional R&D teams, ZTE can help carriers to implement services and perform real-time monitoring and further optimization.
>>Intelligent Antenna Feeder Detection
For antenna feeder system problems such as performance degradation, intermodulation interference, and incorrect antenna connection during operation and construction, the intelligent antenna feeder detection tool developed by ZTE can rapidly analyze data collected on back-end devices or systems in networks. Together with the high-efficiency antenna troubleshooting algorithm developed by ZTE, the antenna feeder detection tool can quickly locate faulty antenna feeders in networks. This improves fault location and troubleshooting efficiency.
>>Intelligent Parameter Planning Solution
In a wireless network, improper configuration for frequencies, code resources, and neighbor cells results in interference and call dropping. Before networks are constructed, frequencies, scrambling codes, and neighbor cells are planned. With construction of networks and increment of the number of sites, configuration becomes confusing due to optimization and adjustment in networks. This affects network quality. It takes too much time and energy for manual replanning, and there may be errors. ZTE provides intelligent planning solutions for these parameters, such as automatic frequency rearrangement based on MR in GMS networks, automatic frequency and scrambler code rearrangement based on MRR in TDS networks, and intelligent PN replanning and neighbor cell reconstruction in CDMA networks. These services can quickly and effectively replan important parameters in networks to solve problems caused by frequencies and scrambling codes. This improves network quality.
Benchmarking analyzes existing networks (including whether there is frequency pollution in networks) and network performance indicators through various methods and tools to retrieve information about networks. Benchmarking also can compare the network of a operator with those of different operators, so that the operator can know advantages and differences between the networks, and then the operator can make specific network development plans. Benchmarking aims at locating differences and seeking improvement methods. The Benchmarking service of ZTE helps operators to develop towards the communications industry benchmark.
- The tool-based intelligent solution improves work efficiency and solution accuracy.
- Based on strong R&D capability and specific function development, the optimization solution provides support for challenges brought by service changes.
- The tool-based elaborate optimization solution supports user-level detailing.
- Facing to future network development, the optimization solution provides sophisticated and effective network development suggestions.
- Ensures that networks operate stably, and maintains KPIs.
- Quickly improves network performance and user experience.
- Improves work efficiency and reduces costs for operation, maintenance and optimization.
- Locates network problems properly, and makes planning for future development.