ZXONE 8300&8500 support large-capacity ODUk electrical cross connection and optical cross connection to dispatch different types and granules of services.
Large-capacity ODUk electrical cross connection
● ZXONE 8300&8500 support large-capacity electrical cross connection of 0.8T/1.6T/3.2T and enables non-blocking electrical cross connection of multi-granularity services, including ODU0/1/2/2e/3/flex. It can be deployed at aggregation/core nodes in the network.
O/E hybrid cross connection and intelligent dispatching
● The optical layer supports 2~20-degree ROADM and N*M WSS. It can implement automatic E2E configuration of wavelengths.
● It supports WASON control plane in optical and electrical layers.
PIC (photonic integrated circuit)
● Single subrack supports service access, cross connection, MUX/DEMUX, optical amplification, and clock processing & transport. The PIC technology reduces power consumption and makes the network cost-effective.
● The system supports 1588V2 and SyncE clock transport.
Highly reliable system architecture
● The system adopts redundant 1+1 hot-standby for main control, power supply and clock units.
● The cross connection unit uses advanced cubic protection, which is higher than common 1+1 protection by three orders of magnitude. It greatly improves the security of the equipment.
Reliable carrier-class protection
● The system supports fiber-level, λ-level, sub-λ-level and L2 protection modes:
● Fiber-level: line 1+1 protection, optical multiplex section 1+1 protection
● λ-level: optical channel 1+1 protection
● Sub-λ-level: ODUk 1+1 protection
● L2: ESR protection