Requirements and Challenges of 5G Transport Network
In the 5G era, there are higher requirements for bandwidth, latency, and number of connections, and the corresponding challenges are brought to the transport network:
● 3G, 4G and 5G networks with complex network architecture
● Large bandwidth
● Strict latency
● Ubiquitous connection
● Differentiated service SLA
As one of leaders in the 5G era, ZTE innovatively proposed the 5G Flexhaul transport solution to meet these challenges, aiming to build a leading 5G transport network for customers.
Introduction to ZXCTN 61V5 Product
ZXCTN 61V5 series products based on ZTE in-house chipsets are oriented to the transport network access layer. It integrates a series of innovative technologies such as FlexE/SDN/SR/Network Slicing and High-precision clock and meets the requirements of efficient network transport in 5G scenarios such as eMBB, uRLLC and mMTC. It helps operators and government & enterprise customers to welcome the arrival of 5G networks in a brand-new way.
ZXCTN 61V5 Series Products
ZXCTN 61V5 series supports 100GE, 50GE, 25GE, 10GE, GE , FE, STM-1 and E1 interfaces with the packet as the core, meeting different networking requirements of 3G/4G/5G and enterprise & family customer service. The equipment models include 1RU height ZXCTN 6120H-A/B/C/S, 3RU height ZXCTN 6180H-A/ 6180H, 5RU height ZXCTN 6190H. Besides, ZXCTN 6120H-S is based on the newest generation ZTE in-house chip empowering transport device higher switching capacity, large RIB/FIB, SRv6,etc. ZXCTN 6180H-A/6180H/6190H will also use the new chip and improve equipment capability.
ZXCTN 61V5 series products are suitable for different networks of customers, which have super lifetime and scalability in terms of network deployment and technology evolution. Equipment models avoid model selection problems caused by uncertainty in technology selection and network evolution, and effectively protects customer investment.
Product Highlights and Customer Values
Product’s core competitiveness based on in-house chips, providing long-term stable services for customers
● High integration and low power consumption: Based on ZTE's three-in-one (PP, TM, FlexE) chips (integrated with PP, TM and FlexE), the power consumption is as low as 0.6W/Gbit, meeting the energy saving and emission reduction requirements and saving customers Opex.
Commercial Chip VS ZTE In-house Chip
● Leading performance index: Forwarding latency, P node latency <1.5us and jitter <0.1us meet the strict latency requirements of uRLLC services. The industry's fastest protection switching within 1ms protects customer service security. Time synchronization accuracy has the error of <1ns, enabling accurate indoor positioning applications.
High-Performance Access Platform for 5G Access Era
● Full-service access: Full-service access interface (25GE/10GE/GE/FE/E1) can be used in various transport scenarios such as midhaul, backhaul and enterprise customer access. ZXCTN 61V5 access devices provide a large number of service interface slots and interface line cards. One device can flexibly access various services, meeting the requirement of continuous bandwidth evolution.
● Smooth bandwidth upgrade: It supports access-layer 25G/50G/100G flexible bandwidth networking, intra-board and inter-board aggregation and flexible bandwidth expansion to meet future ultra-large bandwidth requirements.
● Efficient O&M: Support real-time network information collection, fast & accurate fault location, and intelligent network management and control.
Packet core and Ultra-Low Latency to Build Ultimate Experience
ZXCTN 61V5 solves the problem of uncontrollable IP latency in the industry and effectively meets low latency requirement of 5G. Forwarding plane supports two forwarding modes: fast forwarding and common forwarding. Data forwarding mode can be selected in accordance with the service type. For time-sensitive services, the fast forwarding mode is used. Intermediate P node implements a forwarding latency of less than 3μs through the innovative FlexE solution and the L1 electrical layer through direct communication, providing powerful guarantee for new services and new network architectures and creating excellent 5G service experience for users.
Network Slicing to Meet Service Differentiated SLA and Isolation
5G services will present diversified and differentiated features. Different services have different performance KPIs for transport networks. The ZXCTN 61V5 introduces the FlexE technology on the forwarding plane to implement flexible bandwidth allocation and service isolation, and to meet differentiated requirements in diversified 5G scenarios through flexible configuration of resources. The control plane allocates corresponding resources to different types of services, so that network resources can be used to the full extent. In this way, the effective network usage can be improved and differentiated requirements of various services can be met.
Network Slicing Model
5G Flexhaul Application Scenario
ZTE 5G Flexhaul solution provides such key technologies as FlexE, low latency forwarding, high-precision clock and network slicing, and meets such key requirements as ultra-large bandwidth, ultra-low latency and flexible networking of the 5G network, guaranteeing 5G network transport for the user.
5G Flexhaul Networking Model