The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch is ZTE’s new generation of large-capacity, high-performance, highly reliable core switches oriented to data center. It provides large switching capacity, high density 10GE/40GE/100GE interfaces, carrier-class reliability and superior scalability. The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports extensive data center service features such as VSC2.0 (Virtual Switch Cluster)/ TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)/ FCOE (Fibre Channel over Ethernet) / VXLAN (Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network) / SDN (Software Defined Network)/ Front-to-back airflow. The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch can work with the ZXR10 5960-H Series switch to build elastic, virtualized, high-quality switching network that meets the requirements of cloud-computing data centers.
The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch uses advanced CLOS hardware architecture and provides up to 198Tbps wire-speed switching capacity with high capacity service cards including: 48 x10GE interfaces, 36 x 40GE interfaces, and 36 x100GE interfaces.
The ZXR10 9900 Series switch uses modular design, which shares control board, monitoring board, power supply module and fan module, minimizing the cost of spare parts and fully protecting user investment.
Coupled with distributed ROSng Software Platform, the ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch has models as 9908, 9916 (8 Switch Fabric Unit Slots) and 9904-S, 9908-S (4 Switch Fabric Unit Slots). The ZXR10 9900 Series switch delivers comprehensive products:
- ● 9908 supports 2 Intelligent Monitor Board slots, 2 Management Process Unit slots, 8 Line Interface Card slots, 8 Switch Fabric Units slots (Rear panel), 8 AC/DC/HVDC Power Supply Module slots and 20 Fan Module slots. 21RU, Front-to-back airflow.
- ● 9916 supports 2 Intelligent Monitor Board slots, 2 Management Process Unit slots, 16 Line Interface Card slots, 8 Switch Fabric Units slots (Rear panel), 16 AC/DC/HVDC Power Supply Module slots and 24 Fan Module slots. 32RU, Front-to-back airflow.
- ● 9904-S supports 2 half-width Management Process Unit slots, 4 Line Interface Card slots, 4 half-width Switch Fabric Units slots (Front Panel), 4 AC/DC/HVDC Power Supply Module slots and 3 huge Fan Trays in the rear panel. 8RU, Front-to-back airflow.
- ● 9908-S supports 2 half-width Management Process Unit slots, 8 Line Interface Card slots, 4 Switch Fabric Units slots (Front Panel), 8 AC/DC/HVDC Power Supply Module slots and 6 huge Fan Trays in the rear panel. 16RU, Front-to-back airflow.
High Performance, Provide Up to 198Tbps Wire-speed Switching Capacity, 4T High-Density Line Cards
- ● The ZXR10 9900 Series switch supports up to 198Tbps wire-speed switching capacity, which can be extended to 1032Tbps smoothly. It supports high-density 10GE/40GE/ 100GE interfaces and delivers huge bandwidth capability to fulfill the growing service requirement in data center.
- ● The ZXR10 9900 Series switch supports 36*40GE, 36*100GE, 144*25GE, and 144*10GE line cards, which provide line-rate forwarding.
- ● ZXR10 9900 Series switch provides as many as 576*100GE, 576*40GE, 2,304*25GE, or 2,304*10GE line-rate ports.
- ● The 10 GE ports support working as GE ports, 40GE port can be expanded into 4 10 GE port, 100GE QSFP28 ports support working as 40GE, flexible interface combination delivers easy deployment for core switch and save cost for customer.
- ● Line interface card provides up to 24 GB buffer, which is dynamically shared by interfaces to improve usage efficiency.
Step into SDN Era
- ● Supports the Netconf mode, provides standard interfaces to connect controllers, provides flexible Yang files, and delivers configurations to guide service forwarding
- ● Through NVO3 technology, extend the number of tenant and provide the supply for large-scale IDC service.
- ● The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports the leading open cloud service configuration and dispatch system OpenStack, which can reduce the service online time and increase the flexibility.
- ● The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports Hybrid mode, divide the resource by port, VLAN. Support the traditional protocols and Netconf mode configuration, which is suitable for all kinds of scenarios and the customers can upgrade the network to SDN smoothly.
VxLAN and EVPN Enables Flexible Network Expansion in vDC Scenarios
- ● Support VXLAN (Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network) protocol, Not only L2 VxLAN but also L3 VxLAN. The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch can support large L2 network interconnection cross L3 network and can support more than 16M tenants, which implements fast service deployment without changing the customer network in order to protect customer’s investments.
- ● The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports EVPN, which can run as the VxLAN control plane to simplify VxLAN deployment.
- ● The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports RT-2 (MAC/ARP synchronization), RT-5 (Subnet synchronization), supports symmetric IRB, distributed routes, EVPN RR.
- ● EVPN triggers automatic VxLAN tunnel setup between virtual tunnel endpoints (VTEPs), avoiding the full-mesh tunnel configuration and also reduces flooding of unknown traffic on the control plane.
Deliver Better Data Center Service Experience.
- ● Support DCB (Data Center Bridging) protocol family and fully guarantee network reliability and no loss in full range. The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports PFC (Priority-based Flow Control), QCN (Quantized Congestion Notification), ETS (Enhanced Transmission Selection), DCBX (Data Center Bridging Exchange), which ensure low latency and zero packet loss for high-speed computing services.
- ● Support multiple EVB (Ethernet Virtual Bridging) patterns including VM, VEB and VEPA (Virtual Ethernet Port aggregator), and these different patterns can coexist, so it can fulfill different networking requirements. With full support for related protocols like VDP (VSI Discovery Protocol), EDCP (Edge Devices Communication Protocol) and CDCP (S-Channel Discovery and Configuration Protocol), EVB can run smoothly.
- ● The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch uses a patented front-to-back airflow that isolates cold air channels from hot air channels. LICs and SFUs use independent airflow channels, which solve the problems of mixing hot and cold air and cascade heating, and effectively reduce energy consumption. The fan speed can be dynamically adjusted based on the workload of line cards, which lowers power consumption and reduces noise.
- ● The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports SDN switch overlay traffic visualization diagnosis to satisfy the complicated maintenance of Data Center.
- ● The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports 1：2K NetFlow for Data Center large scale traffic collecting.
High-Performance VSC (Virtual Switch Cluster) Technology
- ● VSC2.0 Capability: Stacking bandwidth between the VSC switches can be up to 3.2Tbps, which can solve the bandwidth bottleneck of VSC and deliver customer a real-time non-blocking VSC system. By using optical Ethernet interface for stacking, the stacking distance can be up to 80km and even more, it helps customer to get rid of distance restriction while designing a reliable VSC system.
- ● Reliability: Independent out-band management makes the control plane and forwarding plane separated. Through real-time control information hot-standby technology, the VSC system can achieve seamless switchover when failure happens.
- ● Saving investments: No need special stacking line card, the normal line card can be used for VSC connecting. When some interfaces are used for VSC, the other interfaces on this line card can also be used for traffic forwarding. No interfaces are wasted and that helps customer to save investments.
- ● Flexibility: Master and slave in VSC2.0 works in 1+N redundancy mode, MAD (Multi-active Detect) technology is used to detect and avoid dual master in VSC system when failure happens. Together with real-time hot-standby and seamless switchover it brings customer a more flexible VSC network.
- ● VSC3.0: using the 5960 device as the remote Line Interface Card for 9900(-S) to realize the vertical virtualization.
VLD (Virtual Logical Device) Technology
- ● VLD (Virtual Logical Device) technology can deliver an industry-leading virtualization capability that makes one switch to be virtualized into as many as sixteen logical switches. This 1:16 ratio enables one core switch to manage services for an enterprise’s multiple service areas such as production, office, and DMZ, or for multiple tenants.
- ● VLD technology divides one network into separate logical areas for service isolation. The failure of one virtual switch does not affect other virtual switches, enhancing network security.
- ● VLD technology improves the use efficiency of physical devices by implementing on-demand resource allocation and saves space in data center equipment room. This ensures network scalability, reduces investment in devices and reduces the cost of device maintenance.
- ● VLD technology can be deployed with the VSC, which deliver the switch resource virtualization pool.
Powerful Service Bearing Capability
- ● By supporting rich L2 switching and L3 routing functions and low latency forwarding, the ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch can bear lots of service including WLAN, Internet, Voice, Video, Enterprise private network and other data services.
- ● Support L2/L3 multicast, including IGMP snooping, Filtering, Proxy and Fast leave, MVR (Multicast VLAN Registration) and PIM to facilitate the services deployments such as IPTV, Multi-terminal HD video surveillance and video conferencing.
Comprehensive IPv6 Solution
- ● The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch has passed the IPv6 Ready Phase 2 Gold Medal Certification issued by IPv6 Forum.
- ● Support IPv6 unicast routing protocols: IPv6 static routing, RIPng, OSPFv3, IS-ISv6, and BGP4+ and multicast features: MLD v1/v2, MLD snooping, PIMv6.
- ● Support IPv4-to-IPv6 tunnel technologies: IPv6 manual tunnels, 6-to-4 tunnel, ISATAP tunnel and IPv4-compatible automatic tunnel, etc.
Carrier-Class Reliability, Multi-Dimensional Security
- ● Control plane, Forwarding plane and Monitoring plane are physically separated on the ZXR10 9900 Series switch.
- ● All the key components of the ZXR10 9900 Series switch are redundant design and hot pluggable, including: Intelligent Monitor Boards, Management Process Units, Power supply modules, Fan modules.
- ● Support Ethernet OAM, including IEEE 802.3ah, 802.1ag, help monitor network real-time operating status and fulfill fast fault detection, fault location.
- ● Support various authentication methods such as 802.1x, Radius, TACACS+. Support CPU overload protection, anti-DDOS, deliver customer a security network.
- ● Support ISSU, NSR, NSF, GR, enhancing the network reliability.
Easy Maintenance, Saving OPEX
- ● Support physically independent monitoring plane, which can monitor the working temperature, fan situation, power situation, etc. It can help customer hold the network running status in real time.
- ● Support Zero-touch provisioning, the software and the configuration files can be loaded automatically, Reduce provision process and manpower requirement.
- ● Support the SQA (Service Quality Analyzer), detecting the network quality periodically or in real time. In order to provide better quality of service for more valuable services.
- ● The ZXR10 9900 Series Switch uses innovative energy saving technologies. The port power consumption is lower than the industry average. The power supply system measures power consumption in real time and puts one or more power modules into sleep mode when system power demands are low.
- ● Strict front-to-back airflow and proprietary C-shape airflow improve heat dissipation to reduce power consumption.
- ● Fan speed can automatically adjust by 5 levels in accordance with the temperature inside the switch. It not only saves the power consumption, but also reduces noise and extends life cycle of the fans.
- ● Using the high efficient digital power modules, which can increase power efficiency and save the power consumption.
- ● Complying with ROHS, WEEE and ISO14001 certification, No plumbum (Pb) in not only product materials but also the whole processing technic. Meanwhile, uses re-cycle degradable packing materials, practice green for more.