The ZXR10 5950 Series switch is 1RU height all gigabit routing stackable switch for carrier access and aggregation scenarios. It provides up to 60 interfaces (48 GE+ 12 10GE). With VSC2.0 (Virtual Switch Cluster), it delivers improved resilience and flexibility. The ZXR10 5950 Series switch supports full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) to fulfill more carrier access scenarios. Zero-touch provisioning, IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) make the network not only easy for maintenance but also low consumption.
The ZXR10 5950 Series switch offers the following switch products:
5950-36TM: 24 Ethernet 10/100/1000M RJ45 electrical ports, 4 10GE SFP+ optical ports and 1 expansion slot, 2 AC/DC/HVDC power supply modules.
5950-60TM: 48 Ethernet 10/100/1000M RJ45 electrical ports, 4 10GE SFP+ optical ports and 1 expansion slot, 2 AC/DC/HVDC power supply modules.
5950-36PM: 24 Ethernet 10/100/1000M RJ45 electrical ports (POE/POE+), 4 10GE SFP+ optical ports and 1 expansion slot, 1 fan module, 2 AC/DC/HVDC power supply modules.
5950-60PM: 48 Ethernet 10/100/1000M RJ45 electrical ports (POE/POE+), 4 10GE SFP+ optical ports and 1 expansion slot, 1 fan module, 2 AC/DC/HVDC power supply modules.
5950-36CM: 24 GE Combo ports, 4 10GE SFP+ optical ports and 1 expansion slot, 1 fan module, 2 AC/DC/HVDC power supply modules.
The expansion card slot can be equipped with the following expansion cards:
- ● 2 * 40GE QSFP+ optical ports card
- ● 2 * 40GE MiniSAS ports VSC stacking card
- ● 8 * 10GE SFP+ optical ports card
- ● 8 * GE SFP optical ports card
Powerful Service Bearing Capability
Innovative VSC2.0 (Virtual Switch Cluster) Technology
- ● By supporting rich L2 switching and L3 routing functions and low latency forwarding, The ZXR10 5950 Series switch can bear multiservice including WLAN, Internet, Voice, Video and other data services.
- ● Support comprehensive L2/L3 Multicast protocols: PIM-SM, PIM-DM, PIM-SSM, MLD, IGMP Snooping, meeting the requirements for IPTV, multi-terminal high-definition video surveillance and other multicast services.
- ● Support POE/POE+, which delivers customer more flexible service access choice.
- ● Flexible hardware forwarding table distribution, customers can configure the size of ACL table according to actual need, to satisfy more application scenarios.
Comprehensive IPv6 Features
- ● Support VSC2.0 (Virtual Switch Cluster), which enhances cluster system capacity and port density, simplifies network topology and management.
- ● Real time hot-standby information synchronization between master and backup master to ensure seamless switchover against network failures, enhancing the network reliability.
- ● Stacking bandwidth between the VSC switches can be up to 160Gbps, which can solve the bandwidth bottleneck of VSC and deliver customers a real-time non-blocking VSC system.
- ● Master and slave in VSC works in 1+N redundancy mode, MAD (Multi-active Detect) technology is used to detect and avoid dual master in VSC system when failure happens. Together with real-time hot-standby and seamless switchover it brings customer a more flexible VSC network.
- ● Support rich IPv6 unicast routing protocols: IPv6 static routing, RIPng, OSPFv3, IS-ISv6, and BGP4+ and multicast features: MLD v1/v2, MLD snooping, PIMv6,etc.
- ● Support rich IPv4-to-IPv6 tunnel technologies: IPv6 manual tunnels, 6-to-4 tunnel, ISATAP tunnel and IPv4-compatible automatic tunnels, etc.
Carrier-Class Reliability, Multi-Dimensional Security
- ● Support POE and POE+ complying with the 802.3at and 802.3af standard to provide power supply for remote devices (including IP phones, WLAN APs, and network cameras) through twisted-pair cables.
- ● Support forcible power supply and could supply power for PD equipments that not compatible with 802.3af and 802.3at standards if needed.
- ● Support configuring the POE time range. During the time that doesn’t need power supply, power supply can be stopped automatically to save energy.
- ● Support PD port power detection. If the actual power is greater than the PSE-distributed power, stops providing power supply.
- ● Support displaying the PSE power supply status and PD power supply status, such as whether power supply is provided, power, level, and temperature.
Low OPEX , Green for More
- ● The ZXR10 5950 Series switch supports ZESR+ Ethernet ring protection and ERPS, which can deliver the fast system recovery from any link or node fault.
- ● Support various authentication methods such as 802.1x, Radius, TACACS+. Support CPU overload protection, anti-DDOS, deliver customer a security network.
- ● The innovative M-Button delivers instant trouble-shooting by reading indicators on front panel without login via terminal. It helps customer solve some common problems immediately.
- ● Support IEEE 802.3az EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet). Via chip-grade power management, interfaces can automatically sleep when no traffic.
- ● The fan speed can be automatically adjusted by 5 levels in accordance with the temperature inside the switch. It not only saves the power consumption, but also reduces the noise and extends the life cycle of fans.
- ● Complying with ROHS, WEEE and ISO14001 certification, No plumbum (Pb) in not only product materials but also the whole processing technic. Meanwhile, use re-cycle degradable packing materials, practice green for more.