1. Bearer Access and Switch
MGW supports three kinds of media traffic bearer modes, including TDM bearer, IP bearer and ATM bearer. It also supports the traffic interworking under the three bearer modes.
2. Bearer Control
With IP bearer and ATM bearer, the communication among MGW media traffic is asynchronous. MGW supports bearer control under this situation, including bearer establishing, release and modification of bearer attributes.
3. Inbuilt SGW
As the MGW accesses ATM bearer in Iu interface or accesses TDM bearer in A interface, Mc interface usually uses IP bearer, under this situation, MGW is featured with SGW function to realize traditional No.7 signaling conversion to IP signaling.
MGW interworks with traditional No.7 network, IP network, PSTN network, and so on.
5. Resource Library
MGW plays call service tone and intelligent tone, plays and detects DTMF tone and MFC tone. For MSC Server, MGW is a voice resource library.
6. Voice Processing
MGW is featured with various voice coding & decoding functions, including PCM-A, PCM-μ, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, FR-AMR, HR-AMR, GSM-FR, GSM-HR, GSM-EFR, G.723, G.729, EVS, etc. It also supports TrFO function.
7. Data Service
MGW supports multiple data services in CS domain, including non-transparent data service with speed rate of 14.4kbit/s, 28.8kbit/s, 57.6kbit/s; transparent data service with speed rate of 28.8kbit/s,32kbit/s,33.6kbit/s; GSM transparent and synchronous CSD service, transparent asynchronous CSD service, and G3 fax service; 3G-324M video service.
8. OMC Function
It includes configuration management, dynamic management, signaling trace and performance management, etc.
1. Carrier-Class NFV, stable and reliable
NFV solutions for control plane and user plane
Component-based open architecture, easy integration, simple O&M
Software/hardware decoupling, saving power consumption and floor space, lower TCO
Carrier level reliability 99.999%
2. Overall network security Guarantee
1) Multi-Dimensional load monitoring: system resources, number of users, traffic, network bandwidth, and so on.
2) Overload control: quick response to burst load spikes, protect NE operation safety
3) Flexible adaptation: automatically scale-in/out based on the load changes
3. Smooth evolution to Cloud, and inherit the exiting service function
1) Compatible TDM solutions: cloud CS and ETCA MGW (TDM-IP gateway function) combined to perfectly solve the TDM access problem in NFV network
2) Fully use the existing equipment to protect investment: cloud CS NEs and the traditional CS NEs has achieved functional alignment, and can achieve hybrid networking with unified EMS management
3) Disaster recovery smooth upgrade: 1+1 main/standby disaster recovery backup methods in traditional CS can be smooth upgraded to N+M disaster recovery backup methods in NFV network without effecting service