ZTE Mobile Hotspots are proving extremely popular since their launch April 2011
1 November 2011, Shenzhen, China – ZTE Corporation (“ZTE”) (H share stock code: 0763.HK / A share stock code: 000063.SZ), a publicly-listed global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions, has now sold more than one million unique Wi-Fi (uFi) MF60 Mobile Hotspots since its launch in April 2011 into Australian, American and European markets. The high speed internet connection, coupled with favorable data plans offered by T-mobile US, Australia’s Telstra and Switzerland’s Swisscom, has enabled the device to become a top seller across international markets.
The MF60 provides 21Mbps high speed internet connection and supports up to ten Wi-Fi devices simultaneously. With a simple, sleek design, OLED display, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) one-key encryption and Web UI operation, the unit provides multiple users with rapid access to the mobile internet terminal, offering customers an efficient and seamless mobile business and entertainment experience.
“The rapid uptake of ZTE’s uFi MF60 devices demonstrates the incredible thirst for mobile broadband being driven by the increase in smartphones and tablets. With uFi, users do not have to purchase a 3G data plan for every Wi-Fi device that they want to connect to the internet,” said Mr. Zhu Dongtang, President of Mobile Broadband Device Product Line ZTE. “Public hot spot coverage is not as ubiquitous as 3G cellular coverage and more often than not Wi-Fi is not free even at hot spots. uFi enables users to benefit from one data plan. Furthermore, the ZTE MF60 provides encryption, identification, firewall and other security functions. Also, users can set up the number of device to be connected in order to prohibit unknown users.”
Compared to the first generation of uFi MF60 boasts many new features. Including:
- Direct internet connection shared by multiple devices: more Wi-Fi devices can be connected at anytime anywhere, with direct access to online content and services
- One-key internet connection, compatible with Wi-Fi, supports maximum ten Wi-Fi devices, wider coverage and downlink speed up to 75 Mbps
- HSPA+ high speed connection, with peak download speed of 21 Mbps
- Up to 100 standby hours
- With firewall, WPS one-key encryption and other security functions, it is safer to surf the internet
- Lightweight and portable, fashionable design, OLED display, clear and direct status display
- Web UI operation and access through browser make it easy to set up and manage the device
ZTE’s uFi products can be used, for personal or business use indoors or outdoors, to quickly create a small WLAN network and personal mobile Wi-Fi hot spot for up to ten users at one time anywhere that there is 3G cellular coverage.