The power industry application scenarios include ordinary office, R&D center, O&M center, customer service center, power business lobby, power station, and substation. Traditional PC has the following problems:
● The information security is weak, because sensitive data is usually stored on the local hard disks and easily leaked.
● The PC system is short of the valid behavior audit function, so you cannot track who is responsible for information leakage.
● The workload of traditional desktop O&M is large, so the fault recovery speed is slow.
● When the PC system is destroyed, a large amount of key data is missing, and difficult to be recovered.
● Along with the increase of the service system capacity, the demands for the network are enlarged.
● Users install their individualized software and plug-ins, so PCs cannot be managed in a standard mode.
● The number of PCs is big, and their energy consumption is high.
The cloud desktop system can be used to efficiently solve problems with respect to informatization construction and system O&M. In the cloud terminal system, according to the “centralized computing and distributed display” architecture, the front end uses the thin clients or existing PCs to integrate the calculation, memory, and storage resources of the office PCs into one body. This practical solution, which features O&M efficiency and information security, supports all these problems. In comparison to the traditional mode, the cloud desktop system has the following advantages for dealing with the development application scenarios:
● The data is stored in unified servers to make centralized control on peripherals such as USB ports, forbid duplicating the data, and prevent the key data from being leaked.
● The solution provides the unified identification verification system and real-time behavior audit function to ensure that it is clear who should be held accountable after the event.
● The unified operation management platform is established to solve the user desktop fault through the remote operation mode and recover the system fault rapidly.
● The storage network, service network, and management network are isolated from each other to ensure that the user data is secure and reliable.
● The system provides streaming desktops to reduce network consumption of daily office.
● The system provides the unified software management to efficiently reduce the software license fees.
● The thin client has no fans according to the design, which is energy saving and environment protection to significantly reduce power consumption.
● Ordinary office and R&D center
The solution provides each user with an individual (VDI1:1) virtual desktop. The type of desktop has the following functions, including high security, consistent experience between user and PC, strong individualization, and support for setting and keeping individualized setting of desktops. It is applicable to daily office scenarios such as R&D and O&M.
● Customer service center and power business lobby
Under such scenarios, the desktops and application software used by the user are simple, which are configured generally in standard template mode. Therefore, the solution provides the VDI 1:N virtual desktops for users to share them. These desktops have the common system disk to share the OS. Each user has his/her own data disk so that he/she can view a perfect desktop upon login. When logging out of the desktop, the system does not save the personalized modification of the user so that he/she can view the same desktop as what is viewed before when logging in to the system again.
● Power station, substation, and power meter reading
The solution supports allocating standard virtual applications to users that have lower configuration demands and single software demands, and providing virtualized applications that are uniformly installed and released by the background servers. The function is applicable to single work scenarios such as power station, substation, and power meter reading.
In 2015, ZTE started the construction of the State Grid cloud security terminal system project. By the early of 2017, ZTE had participated in the construction of 15 provincial and one independent business offices for the State Grid, covering 184 prefecture/city power supply companies by launching 25,354 security desktops. Through the cloud security terminal system project, the prefecture/city power supply companies have implemented centralized control of daily office desktops and behavior audit & management of individual desktop users to significantly reduce the management operation difficulty and save a lot of operation funds.