Background and Customer Demands
With the explosive growth of banding services and data, the traditional intensive IOE architecture cannot catch up with the bank development. In this circumstance, the distributed architecture, as a new technical trend, is starting a significant change of the technical time.
It is no longer the case that the technical architectures of China banking industry’s core businesses are all controlled by foreign companies. With core technologies, we will lead the trend of the industry in the world.
Following China’s de-IOE strategy, ZTE will always make efforts to boost Chinese industries, with the low-cost, high-reliability, large-capacity, and high-scalability distributed database products.
With the development of database and network technologies, the distributed database system becomes mature. Featuring large capacity, high scalability, easy maintenance, and low cost, it will be the mainstream technology of the future databases.
In scenarios of massive data storage and analysis, the non-relational database products, typically NoSQL, take the dominance, while the NewSQL database, which can meet ACID transactional service requirements, is still at the R&D and testing phases.
ZTE has a keen insight to the value of OLTP-oriented distributed database. In 2014, ZTE started developing its GoldenDB product and put it into commercial use in 2015. The database uses the non-shared architecture to provide the cloudified OLTP transactional database service, which is the first OLTP-oriented distributed database used by the financial industry. Since then, ZTE deployed many offices in the financial and other industries. With the distributed database products, ZTE was granted the Top-Class Achievement Award by the China Banking Regulatory Commission and the 2015 Excellent Innovation Award by the Financial Computerizing magazine.
● Replace the traditional banks’ core system databases, especially the IBM databases.
● Support databases of surrounding banking business systems under high pressure in performance and cost, especially quasi-core systems such as ECIF and credit card systems.
● Proprietary intellectual properties, core technologies
● Low cost, high reliability, large capacity, and high scalability
● Highly consistent distributed transaction support
● Completely comply with the SQL92 standard, and support 80% ORACLE and DB2 dialects
● Read-write separation, improving data processing efficiency of the system
● Support local active-active DCs and remote disaster recovery DC
● Highly-efficient and intelligent O&M
● Conform to China’s de-IOE strategy and use proprietary and controllable technologies to support key banking businesses.
● Significantly reduce IT costs.
● Make advance preparation in technical architecture to cope with explosive business and service growth of the financial industry in the future.