Background and Requirements
Public safety is a common issue concerned by the whole world. Since the 21st century, accidents in the global public security realm have happened frequently, bringing serious disasters to human being and causing enormous economic losses.
When a public safety event happens, related departments need to efficiently and rapidly communication with each other to grasp field situation, immediately and scientifically make decisions and dispatch human resources and materials to achieve unified commanding cross regions, departments, and police types.
Through the analysis of classical public safety cases, the following challenges are faced during the process of incident response and handling:
1. Simply accepting the incident reporting information, and only depending on telephone call reporting.
2. Backward communication methods and simple commanding ways, only depending on the radio trunked communication system
3. Difficult to share the video image information among multiple video application systems to influence decision-making accuracy and timeliness;
4. Lack of on-site audio/video integrated commanding capabilities.
The ZTE ICCS (Integrated Command & Control System), which is oriented to various government departments and public security agencies for tackling various public safety events, provides the support for incident tracing and emergency resources dispatching & commanding. It involves the whole incident handling process, including incident reporting, data collection, judgment for the urgent incident, real-time communication, linkage commanding, field support, and decision making assistance.
The ZTE ICCS solution provides the highly information-shared, organized and integrated command services for efficiently linking all the related emergency response agencies, and coordinating social emergency resources of police, transportation, fire fighting, and rescue, and uniformly dealing with various public security emergencies.
The ZTE ICCS solution supports making commanding & dispatching for normal social incidents and unified management and dispatching of various emergency devices and resources when any public safety event happens.
The ZTE ICCS system, based on the all-IP multi-channel incident reporting platform and multimedia dispatching system, regards the CAD and GIS as the core applications. It integrates multiple communication networks and service application systems such as video surveillance, video conferencing, IoT, and radio trunked communication system to receive and handle normal incidents efficiently. In addition, when a major event takes place, it can achieve wide-range collaboration and real-time videoconferencing-based commanding, provide map-based management and control of resources, and make interaction of graphic tasks to provide the most extensive communication capability, the most comprehensive decision-making reference, and the most powerful implementation methods for various emergency command centers.
The architecture of the ZTE ICCS solution for public safety is shown as follows.
1) Fully IP-based, supporting distributed deployment to multiple areas, and role-based and domain-based multi-level commanding & dispatching.
2) Diversified incident reporting channels, from traditional telephones to multiple channels such as voice, text, video, and social media, increasing incident reporting efficiency.
3) Rapidly locating the caller to provide the information for the subsequent incident handling step.
4) Providing flexible and uniform queuing and route policies to automatically route emergency calls, according to multi-dimensional attributes such as emergency type, emergency area, and emergency priority, to the corresponding professional agent for receiving the emergency to increase the emergency receiving efficiency.
5) Supporting integrated voice dispatching to ensure interconnection and interaction between different systems of voice communication networks, realize unified command and efficient collaboration cross regions, departments, and police types, and promote command efficiency.
6) Pushing, sharing, and forwarding various kinds of video information of the mobile responders, vehicles, video conferencing systems, and video surveillance cameras to achieve comprehensive information interaction and whole-process visualized decision making and command.
7) Visually representing and dynamically allocating the emergency resources on the GIS map, and implementing voice and video dispatching operations directly on the map.
● Boosting the emergency response speed
The ways of reporting incidents in multiple channels and rapidly determining the caller location significantly shorten the response time and provide the detailed and accurate before-event information for handling the emergency report.
● Promoting the decision making and handling efficiency for emergencies
The integrated dispatching function supports making interaction and interconnection among multiple systems of communication networks to achieve unified dispatching of the mobile APP videos, surveillance videos, and conference videos to improve the emergency command decision-making and resource dispatching efficiency.
● Enhancing information sharing and integration
The emergency information is integrated and shared cross departments to eliminate information silos, repeated construction and reduce waste of resources.