With the continuous development of the communications industry, the traditional telecommunications services are gradually saturated. As the relevant mobile Internet services are rapidly developed, the operators digital traffic flow management will be the key point for future development and the core profit growth.
Adaptive to the service transformation, great changes will surely happen to the operators’ organization, goals and processes in order to support and develop new types of services. The operators transformation highlights two major trends: the transformation of “network-centric to service-centric and user-centric” and the transformation of “dispersed regional management to centralized network management”. ZTE, as an end-to-end service provider in the telecommunications industry, puts forward the point that the basic network operation and maintenance should gradually penetrate and change towards service quality management, customer experience management, business intelligence and other fields, and centralized management platforms should be established to better support and assist the operators' service transformation.
Challenges to Customers
The operators mainly face the following challenges:
- Increased network complexity and increased maintenance costs: With the deployment and application of 4G networks, the network topology are further complicated; Network faults locating becomes more complex, and maintenance costs are increased.
- Higher expectations of service quality: End users pay more attention on the mobile applications experience and have higher expectation on service quality.
- Decreased earnings from traditional voice, SMS and value-added services: Earnings from traditional voice and SMS services begin to decline. It is required to transform to the mobile Internet field and increase earnings.
In order to meet the development trend of the mobile Internet and assist operators in successful service transformation, ZTE Managed Services provide top-down, full-service and full-process management service solutions to fully support the operators’ demands on business intelligence, customer perception, service quality and network performance and create the maximum business value for customers.
>>Attention to the Underlying Networks
The operability and sustained high performance of the underlying networks is the core and foundation for the development of all upper-level services. ZTE will continue to focus on the underlying networks and the improvement of IT operational efficiency to reduce OPEX for the operators.
- Global service operation platform
ZTE Managed Services will leverage its globally established NOCs, resource pools, knowledge bases, logistics centers and spare part centers to lower operation and maintenance costs through scale effects.
- Unified delivery platform
The unified delivery platform based on E-Service can support the delivery management of fixed network equipment, mobile equipment and IT equipment at the same time; it is convenient to be integrated with the operators’ existing delivery platforms; it supports TT creation , SLA customization, spare part management, KPI query, statistics and other full-service functions.
Automatic and visualized operation and maintenance is critical to operational transformation and the reduction of maintenance costs.
In the field of automatic operation and maintenance, ZTE will provide tool support for the full life cycle including network planning, network deployment, network configuration, commissioning, activation, and operation and maintenance to minimize the operation and maintenance costs and the faults caused by human operations.
In the field of visualized operation and maintenance, ZTE will provide support from multiple aspects including routine operation and maintenance management, operation and maintenance performance appraisal, and mobilized operation and maintenance.
>>Customer Experience Management
After we enter into the mobile Internet era, customer experience has become a new element driving the service development of operators. Traditional operation and maintenance indicators with network KPI as the assessment objective cannot reflect this change. It is required to establish service quality KQI and customer experience CEI, and forecast, locate and solve the problems related to service quality and customer experience through the CEMC platform. Specific measures are as follows:
Based on the CEMC platform, we can track and monitor the customer experience indicator of a single user and a single service to achieve advance prevention and advance intervention in management. It is especially required to focus on and protect the VIP customers.
- Solving problems at the earliest time
Based on the CEMC platform, we can monitor the decrease of the customer experience indicator in real time, and use the platform knowledge base to solve the problem at the earliest time with the delivery team. When solving a customer experience problem, we need to break through the traditional organization structure and process system that use network KPI as the assessment objective and establish the organization structure and process system that are centered on service quality KQI and customer experience CEI. This requires the current operators to carry out organizational improvement and operational transformation.
>>Creating Commercial Values
The CEMC platform can provide analysis reports based on the use habits, user behaviors, interested fields, and potential demands of end users. These reports will assist operators in commercial decision analysis, such as the design of online time for new services, whether to adjust service charging strategies, and the forecast of market trends; these reports can also help operators to make decisions on resource investment, such as the preferential deployment of the resources that can guarantee high rates of return.
Meanwhile, in order to adapt to the rapid development of services in the Internet era, we can collaborate with operators on the development of new services and the design of charging strategies to improve the speed of new service development, shorten the launching time and provide charge consultation.
- Customizing consulting services, and collaborating with operators to enhance the overall service value
- Providing operators with menu-type NOC-to-SOC-to-BIC service procedures layers and operation and maintenance service plans
- Customizing the most needed, comprehensive and quality services for users
- Helping operators improve the operation and maintenance efficiency and effectively reduce OPEX
- Focusing on new services, accelerating service launching, and optimizing charging strategies to help operators achieve revenue growth
- Improving service quality and customer experience
- Ensuring secure network operation, improving network brand images, and enhancing customer loyalty