With deployment of 3G/4G networks and development of mobile Internet services and smart terminals, when growing mobile broadband service users, operators are facing fierce competition. Providing differentiated, personalized, and high-quality mobile Internet service experience for users is a core-value advantage that is continuable and unrelated to price. Service quality management is an OAM emphasis and key factor for improving user experience of mobile broadband services.
Challenges to Customers
At present, operators still pay close attention to conventional network KPIs, including statistical KPIs (such as call completion ratio, dropped-call rate, switching-success rate, congestion rate, resources, load, and paging-success rate), and measurement KPIs (such as signal level, receiving power, signal quality, mileage dropped-call ratio, and MOS). These KPIs indicate device capabilities, functions, resources, and performance. In terms of troubleshooting, statistical KPIs are irreplaceable. However, in terms of service quality, without providing user granularity or elaborate service granularity, statistical KPIs cannot reflect experience about a user using a service. Therefore, conventional KPIs cannot be used to properly estimate service quality. Service quality problems are becoming increasingly prominent in the following aspects:
- Network KPI estimate results are fine, but there are still a lot of customer complaints.
- Data traffic is growing explosively, but services carried by the traffic and service quality cannot be monitored or analyzed.
- Responsibilities for network failures are not defined properly for operators’ different maintenance departments (such as wireless network maintenance department and core network maintenance department).
The service quality management solution provided by ZTE aims at service quality improvement, subdivides service channels, and analyzes behavior characteristics of single user’s single service link. The solution performs end-to-end service quality analysis and improvement for each service within the full life circle in networks. This helps cs to solve the service quality management problems during traffic operation and improve channel values. The solution establishes the base of service quality management through an operable KQI estimation system. Second, the solution achieves service performance analysis and optimization, and end-to-end performance optimization. And then, the solution solves problems through optimizing subnets connected to lower-layer interfaces and TCP transport performance. At last, the solution performs collaborative optimization through linkage formed by interfaces and protocol planes. In terms of comprehensive optimization, management and control for services, by analyzing service models and service resource usage characteristics, the solution pertinently plans wireless resource configuration, and optimizes existing resource configuration to improve service quality.
• Subdivides service types based on definitions of mainstream service types, more accurately locating the root causes affecting service quality.
• Extends the ways to locating potential faults in networks, shortening fault response time and improves troubleshooting efficiency.
• Performs multiple-dimension analysis of data services; monitors, analyzes and optimizes key services based on analysis of service usage and different services.
Operators can improve service quality through service performance optimization management. End-to-end delimited analysis of service quality in entire networks helps to solve problems related to services, such as inter-subnet problems. Multiple-dimension analysis of services provides support for operators to perform elaborate operation. In brief, the service quality management solution brings the following benefits:
- Improving network visibility
The solution provides sweeping views and operable information for operators, accurately estimates service quality, and pays attention to user service behaviors. This helps operators to know networks and users more comprehensively, and make sensible determination.
- Improving user satisfaction
The solution quickly identifies network faults that affect service quality. Through comprehensive and detailed end-to-end optimization for all links and services, the solution guarantees high-efficiency troubleshooting and stable network operation. This improves user satisfaction, reduces the user attrition rate, enhances market competitiveness, and promotes service growth.