With the mature of 3G network construction and approaching of the 4G era, the mobile data service entered the rapid develop stage. A variety of new service applications, such as news browsing, video, Microblog, online games, and online chat enrich people's life. The future coverage, service contents, and tariff standards of the operators’ 3G/4G network are becoming the same. Ensuring that users can have good experience at anytime and anywhere becomes the key factor for the operators to attract users, expand the market share, and enhance ARPU value. Table 1 New Mobile Data Services
Challenges to Customers
In accordance with the characteristics of the mobile data services, the mobile network operators must face the following problems:
- Traditional network management KPI index and the KQI index reflecting the service quality cannot truly reflect the users’ perceptions. Traditional thoughts and methods cannot meet the real requirements of network and service optimizations. How to build the index system that can directly reflects the user's real perception?
- How to make full use of the network resources to improve the collaborative and support capabilities of the wireless network, core network, and service equipment to mobile data services?
- How to perform end-to-end analysis and positioning to the quality problems of the related services?
- How to avoid the operator’s "simple pipelining" trend so as to improve the status of telecom service value chain?
Based on the above background, providing customers with services of higher qualities, improve users’ satisfactions, expanding the scale of users, and expanding new services will be the key for the traditional operators to adapt to the challenges of the future. At present, one of the huge challenges faced by the operators is how to observe and improve the users’ actual service qualities in real time, and then position the network operation activities to the most valuable user group so as to provide targeted and differentiated products and services. Therefore, the establishment of the user perception management system is quite necessary.
The user perception management system of the ZTE Customer Experience Management Center (CEMC) is the core product of ZTE for implementing the entire CEM solutions. It weights and summarizes KQIs by analyzing user’s use frequency, and network and service qualities to a variety of services. In this way, it can set up the CEMI index system as close to the user experience as possible for measurement, calculation, monitoring and analysis, and find and locate the problem affecting user perceptions in real time. In this way, the user perceptions can be guaranteed by a variety of security methods. At the same time, through analyzing the related data and the marketing to user perceptions, the user perception assurance becomes a sustainable operation activity. It can bring the following values to the operators:
- Help operators to change from "network management" to "service management", and from focusing on "network index" to "the final user perception".
- The establishment of the user perception evaluation system makes the user perceptions of the entire network visualized and controllable.
- Improve the service performance through the analysis and evaluation of the service quality, and thus improve customer satisfactions, develop services/users, and increase operating income.
- Provide strong support for operators’ elaborate operations through terminal analysis and user behavior analysis.
Help customers to update the traditional optimization thoughts, systematically learn and build an end-to-end optimization methodology, including end-to-end user perception evaluation system and service performance optimization. For the architecture of the ZTE CEMC user perception management system, refer to Table 2 Architecture of the ZTE CEMC User Perception Management System
- The data collection and adaptation layer is in charge of collecting data from a variety of data sources. If you use ZTE's iDS probe data source, additional adapter layer is not required. When you use the third-party probe collection system or interconnect with the third-party management data, you need to deploy the corresponding adaptation layer for the interconnection.
- The data processing layer, also called index evaluation layer, achieves the end-to-end service quality monitoring through the establishment of the multi-level and whole-network index evaluation system of the QoE/KQI/KPI to which USES multi-level tech-oriented end-to-end business quality monitoring, the user perception evaluation to achieve the end-to-end service quality monitoring and user perception evaluation. The data processing layer also provides data support for user’s complaint, user behavior analysis, and various statistical analysis reports.
- The framework layer, also called service processing layer, develops customized service packages, service index system, various table creation scripts, configuration files, and system management in accordance with different service functions.
- The presentation layer provides a user-oriented UI interface. The user can use all kinds of the monitoring and analysis functions provided by the system or operate the report system to view of all kinds of reports.
Solution of the ZTE CEMC user perception management system achieves the end-to-end whole-network and whole-service management capability from "pain points". It mainly has the following highlights:
- Follows the TMF CEM methods and specifications
- A variety of data sources for fully mining the data value
- A variety of application scenarios for implementing the maximum value of the software
- Powerful real-time monitoring capability for service quality
- Makes the user perception visualized, controllable, and manageable.
>>Enhances user perception and strengthens customer loyalty
- The core competence of the ZTE CEMC system is the user perception management. It can realize the user-level comprehensive analysis and evaluations, including the user perception evaluations and service quality evaluations of all kinds of services provided by the mobile Internet (for example: Microblog, MMS, streaming media, video, electronic download, instant messaging, and Web browsing).
- On this basis, the ZTE CEMC system can provide real-time VIP Care services for operators, monitor the VIP users/user groups, improve the VIP user perceptions, actively care about the VAP users, increase customer loyalty, and achieve a fine operation.
>>Refined operation and maintenance support for gaining the best return with the limited investment
- On the basis of the powerful data integration and index construction, the CEMC software provides abundant functions. Through the combinations of these functions, the CEMC software can provide abundant application scenarios for operators, such as advanced network optimization services, VIP/VAP user care, complaint processing, and troubleshooting
>>Market strategy decision support for helping operators to win in the competition
- Analyze the user behavior and trace the service track used by the user. Analyze popular services and the service traffic distribution, help the marketing department understand the customers’ characteristics, customize the marketing strategies to meet different users’ needs, and thus won the new and old customers’ continuous attentions.