The network management of equipment becomes more and more complicated due to the applications of increasing new services. Operators face with heavier network management and maintenance and higher maintenance costs. Therefore, operators urgently need a system to manage and view global network performance in a centralized manner in order to detect the bottlenecks of network performance.
Challenges to Customers
For most of operators, the EMS, NMS and traditional integrated network management are provided in operation and maintenance. However, the operators may face with the following challenges during actual operation and maintenance:
- Unified performance data management for multi-vendor and multi-technology equipment: Centralized performance management for multiple vendors’ equipment that is integrated with multiple technologies in the global network is a key factor to promote the efficiency of operation and maintenance.
- Generation of global network performance reports: Auto-generation and subscription of global performance reports is difficult in the existing multiple systems.
- Global network performance analysis: Based on centralized performance data management and report auto-generation, analyzes global network performance data to quickly detect busy sites and sites with poor network performance for preventive treatment.
As a network equipment vendor with rich experience, ZTE fully understands the operators’ current requirements for integrated performance management, and also considers the flexibility, extensibility, and integrity of integrated performance management to satisfy future network development. Based on these considerations, ZTE launches the J2EE-based NetNumen™ U32 PMS for the global network. The NetNumen™ U32 PMS is illustrated as follows:
Highlights and Customer Benefits
>>Unified Global Network Performance Data Management to Promote Network Management Efficiency
The NetNumen™ U32 PMS can collect and manage original performance data of multi-version EMSs of multiple vendors’ equipment in all specialized networks, and perform aggregation and KPI calculation for the data. In addition to centralized performance management and presentation, to promote the management efficiency, the system can operate with the fault management system when performance KPIs exceed the corresponding thresholds.
>>Integrated Access to Cater to Rapid Network Development and Quickly Realize Centralized Network Performance Management
The NetNumen™ PMS manages access of new equipment in product bundle mode. Therefore, the main frame of the system is not changed or adjusted, and only service packets (for example, KPI) of new equipment need to be pre-defined and loaded. The system supports multiple interconnection protocols such as Web Service, SNMP, and files to connect with the EMS or other OSSs.
>>Perfect Performance Analysis to Accurately Monitor Network Operating Status and Performance Tendency
The NetNumen™ PMS counts and analyzes collected global network performance data. Thus, users can supervise the operational status of equipment in time, detect performance bottlenecks, and understand the change tendency of network performance. The data can be provided for routine maintenance, network optimization, capacity expansion, and planning-decision analysis. The provided analysis of performance data includes: multidimensional analysis, TopN analysis, comparison analysis of the same performance data, contrastive analysis, and performance tendency analysis.
>>Integrated Data Statistics and Centralized Reports to Realize Comprehensive Network Management
The NetNumen™ PMS manages global network performance data in a centralized manner and analyzes network operating status from different aspects according to performance statistics and centralized reports to locate a performance bottleneck.
The system supports the following functions:
- Flexible KPI customization and report templates
- Performance statistics according to administrative and logical regions
- Multidimensional (time/resource/position) performance data aggregation
- Predefinition of report templates and generation of performance report packs