With the rapid development of communication technologies and the further expansion of communication markets, the network management of equipment becomes more and more complicated due to the applications of increasing new services. Operators face with heavier network management and maintenance and higher maintenance costs. Therefore, integrated network management is a necessary development trend in order to monitor network operating status better, improve the efficiency of network maintenance, reduce operational costs, and promote quality of service.
Challenges to Customers
For most of operators, the EMS, NMS and traditional integrated network management are provided in operation and maintenance. However, the operators may face with the following challenges during actual operation and maintenance:
- Unified fault monitoring for multi-vendor and multi-technology equipment: Unified management and monitoring for multiple vendors’ equipment that is integrated with multiple technologies in the global network is a key factor to promote the efficiency of operation and maintenance.
- Quick fault location: How to quickly find the fault source from a large number of alarms and dispatch a trouble ticket for troubleshooting is crucial to quickly solving network faults and improve processing efficiency and network quality.
- VIP site management: Differentiated site management ensures that network quality and customer service can be improved further. The corresponding system needs to be provided for the VIP site management.
Therefore, operators urgently need a system to manage the faults from multiple vendors’ equipment with multiple technologies in a centralized manner, filter and shield invalid alarms, and quickly locate and process root faults. The system can facilitate the processing of network alarms and faults and the improvement of network operating quality.
As a network equipment vendor with rich experience, ZTE fully understands the operators’ current requirements for integrated network management, and also considers the flexibility, extensibility, and integrity of integrated network management to satisfy future network development. Based on these considerations, ZTE launches the J2EE-based NetNumen™ U32 FMS for the global network. The network can monitor and manage faults from multiple vendors’ equipment in all specialized networks in a centralized manner. Besides, the system can quickly locate and analyze root faults. The NetNumen™ U32 FMS is illustrated as follows.
Highlights and Customer Benefits
>>Centralized Monitoring and Unified Network Fault Management
- The NetNumen™ U32 FMS can realize centralized fault monitoring for multiple vendors’ equipment in all specialized networks. The system provides topological maps, statistical charts, dashboards, alarm lists, site monitoring, and view customization. Users can use the B/S-based system through a browser.
- The NetNumen™ U32 FMS manages alarm data of the global network, and supports the query of active and history alarms and the analysis of collected system alarm data. Three types of default reports are available. The report can also be customized according to a project. Besides, the system can provide an interface for a third-party report platform to set up a report, customize a report format, issue and query the report.
>>Powerful Fault Processing to Realize Overall Network Management
- Quickly fault location
- Built-in analysis engine for high-efficiency alarm compression
- Root fault analysis and service influence analysis
- Engineering alarm inhibition to reduce the number of invalid alarms and the monitoring difficulty
>>Integrated Access and Integration to Meet Rapid Network Development
- Adaptive to flexible alarm collection layers to meet the requirements of cross-vendor and cross-network equipment.
- Adaptive to standard protocols such as CORBA, SNMP, and TL1 to acquire data (for example, alarms and basic configurations) from different networks.
- Difference hiding to shield the difference among multi-version alarm data in all specialized networks from different vendors and provide a uniform format for various alarm data in compliance with the ITU-T X.733 standard.
>>End-to-End Management to Promote Fault Management Efficiency
- The NetNumen™ U32 FMS can be integrated with the Trouble Ticket System (TTS) to generate a trouble ticket about alarm data in the network, follow up and handle the trouble ticket in the TTS. The mode fulfills end-to-end management for reporting, dispatching, processing, returning, and archiving a trouble ticket.