Streamlined and visualized management of operation and maintenance is a development trend. High-efficiency worksheet delivery, timely worksheet tracing and processing, and maintenance efficiency promotion must be fully taken into account.
Challenges to Customers
Most of operators have the corresponding rules and regulations to standardize and restrict operation and maintenance. In addition, the corresponding systems are provided for different departments to fulfill E-flow management. However, the operators may face with the following challenges during actual operation and maintenance:
- Centralized monitoring for various worksheets: During operation and maintenance, change orders from different channels such as alarm, preventive maintenance, and change must be monitored and followed up.
- Operation and maintenance asset management: The assets of global operation and maintenance must be made clear, and asset changes be efficiently managed. If the corresponding spare parts are not ready, timely purchase is required.
- Operation and maintenance efficiency management: During network operation and maintenance, there is no data support to analyze and promote the executive efficiency of operation and maintenance according to types and personnel.
Combining rich operation and maintenance experience, ZTE develops the NetNumen™ E-Flow operation and maintenance management system based on the Maximo platform. The system is illustrated as follows.
Highlights and Customer Benefits
>>Reducing Operation and Maintenance Costs
- Automatically distributes and delivers operation and maintenance tasks to minimum operational management costs.
- Provides sustainably optimized flow management to respond to network size change, optimize task distribution, promote human reuse, and reduce human costs.
- Provides full life cycle management for assets to raise the usage rate of assets and reduce loss of assets.
- Provides spare part management and scheduling to properly prepare the types and quantity of spare parts and minimum the costs of redundant spare parts.
>>Promoting Operation and Maintenance Efficiency
- Real-time monitoring and centralized fault handling to fulfill closed-loop management for accepting, processing, tracing, and checking a trouble ticket. In addition, the knowledge of operation and maintenance is shared.
- Strengthens shift and routine work management to efficiently arrange work time and maintenance tasks.
- Provides multiple operation and maintenance tools (for example, duty management and information issue platform) to reduce repetitive or low value-added work and promote the efficiency of operation and maintenance.
- Combined with practical experience of the communications industry and based on the operational features of operation and maintenance, fulfills scheduling, coordination, and monitoring of operation and maintenance in E-flow mode.
>>Improving Network QoS
- Based on a standardized flow, ensures of the standard working procedure and complete information.
- Implements active maintenance through preventive maintenance management.
- Provides time limit management for early warning and processing, and defines the indexes that affect the service level agreement.
- Provides auto-statistic assessment reports to monitor the working process and result.
- Integrated with the integrated fault management system to complete closed-loop fault processing.
- Provides operation and maintenance asset management to adjust the assets immediately and properly by monitoring the operational status of assets at real time.