With the rapid development of communication technologies and the further expansion of communication markets, the network management of equipment becomes more and more complicated due to the applications of increasing new services. Operators face with heavier network management and maintenance and higher maintenance costs. Therefore, centralized maintenance and WEB application are a necessary development trend of the communications industry. The fulfillment of centralized maintenance and WEB application on the existing system is a big challenge to the operation and maintenance system.
Challenges to Customers
Most of operators have multiple systems to support different operation and maintenance activities. However, the operators may face with the following challenges during actual operation and maintenance:
- Each system requires its own portal and user name for login, and thus maintenance personnel need to frequently switch between systems during operation and maintenance.
- Systems in C/S mode must be installed with a client, which is inconvenient in operation and maintenance.
- Remote system access consumes larger bandwidth, and data transmission is insecure.
- System logs are managed separately and each system only records its own logs, which makes query and audit more complicated.
ZTE NetNumen™ AOS is an integrated portal solution. The WEB-based unified information management platform achieves unified user management and access, and integrates the existing service systems in virtualized mode to maximum the use and value of the existing resources.
In the AOS-based platform, users can access the system through a unified WEB page, and directly use the needed application systems integrated with the AOS by built-in single sign-on to simplify the management of communication networks. The architecture of the NetNumen™ AOS is illustrated in the following figure.
Unified service system access: All service systems are aggregated on a page.
Unified account management: Service system accounts are managed in a unified manner and single sign-on is fulfilled.
- Application Virtualization
Remote access component of GUI programs: The GUI can be displayed in WEB link mode by using the remote access provided by the component.
WEB access without the installation of a client: The customer only needs a browser instead of one client on his/her computer to access the AOS.
Simple and high-efficiency upgrade: The upgrade of application programs on the clients can be implemented only on the AOS server.
- Extensibility and Compatibility
Horizontal extension: If the existing configuration cannot satisfy the access demands, new access servers can be easily added through the configuration of load equalizers to expand the processing ability of the system.
Compatibility with the existing system: The existing systems can be directly connected to ZTE NetNumenTM AOS.
Perfect permission control: Different contents are displayed for each user with different permissions after they log in to the AOS. The contents out of a user’s permission are hidden.
Centralized log management: All user operations after login are recorded in logs, and the user operation logs are regularly collected from the managed systems and stored in the AOS in a centralized manner.
Data security: After the remote access through the GUI program, only image data on the interface is passed to the browser and service data does not need to be passed. In addition, the specific coding provided by ZTE ensures that the service data from the service systems is not disclosed even though the data is intercepted.
Customer Benefits (4S)
- Simplicity — unified access and presentation to simplify the operation.
- Smooth — optimized operation flow to provide smooth presentation of end-to-end service information.
- Speed — integrated statistics presentation and service operation center to promote the efficiency of operation and maintenance.
- Security — centralized security center, unified authentication and authorization, single sign-on, and virtualized application.