With the development of national economy, informationization plays an increasingly important role in the national economic development. Under this background, the management and security of IT environments become more and more important. As a response to the development requirements of the era, the virtualization & cloud management technology has become one of the most popular choices for IT construction and transformation. As the virtualization technology continues to mature, its market size increases rapidly in recent years. Since this technology has a huge space for development, its market size may see a blowout growth in the future.
At present, the virtualization & cloud management technology is applied to large and medium-sized organizations in finance, telecommunications, manufacturing, and public service industries and has brought customers considerable economic benefits and returns. With the constant improvement of related technologies, the virtualization & cloud management technology has brought huge innovation to the industry, and a virtualization and cloud era is coming.
Challenges to Customers
After a long period of development, the traditional IT architecture has accumulated considerable problems. Due to limitations of the deployment mode, and management and maintenance mode of services, the following problems are still not well solved:
- Low utilization of hardware resources: In the traditional deployment mode, the utilization of hardware resources by most service software is very low, causing a waste of hardware resources.
- Increasingly high operation and maintenance costs: With the constant improvement of information construction, the operation and maintenance costs become increasingly high, posing a huge operation burden on customers.
- Inability to schedule hardware resources in a unified manner: In the traditional deployment mode, hardware server resources are used exclusively by service systems, causing serious problems, such as data exclusivity and data island. These problems do not only affect the quality of service, but also cause a waste of hardware resources.
- Difficulty in ensuring the stability and continuity of services: The traditional deployment mode increases the difficulty of protecting inter-service environments and ensuring the stability and continuity of services.
- Low flexibility of the hardware architecture: In a traditional architecture, to add a test server, the procurement flow is required, extending the test period. In addition, the hardware maintenance and upgrading often affect the normal operation of service systems.
- High costs to achieve high availability of all the systems: In a traditional architecture, there is no redundancy protection for some service servers. Therefore, when a hardware or software fault occurs, the service continuity may be affected.
- High Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): In a traditional architecture, most terminals are fat clients, such as PCs. Therefore, it needs lots of labor and Operation & Maintenance (O&M) costs to manage, operate, and maintain these terminals.
- Lots of potential safety problems in the terminal environment: In a PC environment, usually data is stored and operating on terminal devices. When it comes to critical information assets, it is likely to cause leakage of critical information, resulting in serious effects.
- Inability to effectively support new service requirements: The popularity and large-scale development of intelligent terminals pose great challenges to the traditional terminal operation and maintenance mode.
Having rich experience in solution services, ZTE Corporation successfully transplants virtual data center, cloud management platform, desktop cloud, and virtual applications into its own service system based on the characteristics of virtualization and cloud application. Meanwhile, ZTE’s powerful service support system ensures customers’ benefits from multiple perspectives, such as consultation and investigation, architecture planning, deployment and implementation, and after-sale maintenance. Therefore, ZTE’s virtualization & cloud management solution is more stable and secure, has a higher price/performance ratio, and is easier to manage and maintain.
- Closely adhering to customer’s requirements and providing the best integration choice for the customer.
- Providing a complete set of IaaS and SaaS service solutions from data center to operation platform, and from terminal desktop to application software.
- Providing full life-cycle project operation mode which covers consultation supports, implementation supports, and maintenance supports to help customers solve problems encountered in actual application.
>>Improving the utilization of hardware resources
- Achieving the independency of service systems, and ensuring that each service system has a powerful resource monitoring mechanism and a flexible resource scheduling mechanism.
>>Effectively reducing operation and maintenance costs of the data center
- Reducing the number of servers to cut operation and maintenance costs of the data center.
>>Managing and scheduling hardware resources in a unified manner
- Constructing a unified infrastructure resource pool and management platform to maximize the value of infrastructure resources
>>Effectively ensuring the stability and continuity of services
- Providing powerful service capabilities to ensure stable system operation and flexible IT architecture.
>>Improving flexibility of the IT architecture
- Effectively shortening IT maintenance time, rapidly implementing hardware maintenance and upgrading, and ensuring normal operation of service systems.
>>Achieving high availability of all service systems
- Optimizing the service support capabilities of service environments.
>>Greatly reducing the TCO
- Reducing the procurement cost and operation cost of terminals, and cutting the power consumption of terminals by using thin clients.
>>Effectively ensuring security of critical information assets
- Ensuring that the data storage and the service operation are not "landed" to effectively protect data security, and providing perfect supervision mechanisms.
>>Effectively supporting the development of new service modes and improving the value of IT
- Effectively supporting new service requirements, optimizing IT service support capabilities, and improving the value of IT.