With the homogenization of telecommunication services all over the world, operators need not only to improve the quality of service, but also have to reduce the construction and operation cost. In this case, operators put forward higher requirements on the planning and construction, and the input and output of Operation Supporting System (OSS).
It has become important issues for telecommunication operators to strengthen the construction and transformation of OSS, form an OSS platform with great expandability, excellent performance, and strong adaptability to environmental changes, develop the core competitive power, and ensure that the OSS transformation is towards the "User-Centered" concept. The new service operation environment requires telecommunication operators to look at the construction and development of OSS from a global and leading perspective, effectively helping the operators quickly adapt to the requirements of full service operation.
The trend of OSS development and evolution is to support converged networks to back the full service provisioning and changes, support end-to-end real-time monitoring of services to ensure the customer experience, and support pre-maintenance and end-to-end analysis to improve the quality of service.
Challenges to Customers
With the rapid evolution of network technology and the deepening of network convergence, network operators will inevitable face more professional networks and more complex maintenance techniques after the transition to full service operation. Especially in networks that are established in the early era of competition, there are a large number of different types of devices from different manufactures. Therefore, under the condition of network convergence, it is difficult for telecommunication operators to quickly respond to market requirements and solve end-to-end faults with independent solutions.
To reduce operation and maintenance costs, improve operation and maintenance efficiency, remove barriers between existing OSS, and lower the difficulty in managing OSS from different manufacturers, telecommunication operators should upgrade and transform the traditional OSS as soon as possible. During the upgrading and transformation, how to gain the best return with the least investment is a challenge to operators.
Based on multiple years of management and servicing experiences, ZTE Corporation creatively develops an OSS Transition & Transformation solution.
The practice of this solution includes four processes: consultation, transition, transformation, and operation and maintenance. Based on a comprehensive analysis of the OSS, the advantages and disadvantages of ZTE products and third-party products are weighed from multiple perspectives, such as customer wishes, delineation of property rights, and maintenance costs. The basic principle for network maintenance is: use devices in the existing network as a preference and integration substitution as an alternative.
Using best practices as its templates, this solution is customer-oriented and mainly focuses on the optimization of flows. The core of this solution is to connect the OSS nodes, implementing unified OSS management, to visualize management-related tools, meeting the requirement of examining the entire network during a flow, and to consider the customer experience and quality of service, improving operation and maintenance efficiency and reducing operation and maintenance costs.
- Customer orientation: excellent consultation skills, and ability to accurately find the customer's pain points and provide solutions accordingly.
- Integration and transformation ability: conducting integration and transformation based on the consultation and analysis of the existing OSS, breaking the traditional tool chimney, implementing the transition of OSS services from customers to MSP, and bringing new growth points and competitive power in the management service market.
- Complete set of tools: The set of tools provided by ZTE Corporation cover all the services from network optimization and planning, network operation and maintenance management, to end-to-end OSS/BSS management.
- Unified tool platform: The tool platform established based on industry standards can be connected to tool platforms of other manufacturers.
- The powerful OSS tool platform allows operators to optimize the OSS architecture, transform operation and maintenance flows, and improve operation and maintenance efficiency based on the life cycle of OSS.
- This solution allows operators to analyze and evaluate user experience and quality of network services in advance, thereby improving user experience.
- This solution is dedicated to helping operators quickly adapt to the fast changing market environment, so that the operators keep up with best market, technology, and service practices in the industry.