ZXR10 V6000 vRouter Virtual Router
ZTE ZXR10 V6000 vRouter, a new carrier-class virtual router product, uses the SDN/NFV technology to separate its user plane and control plane so as to implement complete virtualization. Inheriting functions and features of traditional hardware routers, it also has capabilities such as high flexibility, openness and elastic expansion endowed by NFV technology to help operators build elastic, agile, open and intelligent networks.
Advanced architecture and elastic expansion
- V6000 vRouter adopts modular, distributed and highly reliable architecture. The user plane and control plane are deployed on different VMs. The data forwarding plane, control management plane and monitoring plane are isolated from each other and do not affect each other.
- The control plane supports 1:1 redundancy. The user plane maximally supports the expansion of 254 virtual machines. It can implement dynamic capacity expansion/reduction according to network capacity demands, improve system performance on demand, increase resource utilization rates and save energy.
- The vRouter also employs the self-developed mature, efficient and reliable software system ROSng to offer the same functions and management features with traditional routers.
- In addition to the forwarding architecture of the virtualized super server processor (vSSP), it virtualizes the line card high-performance transponders of the hardware-based router to software-based analogues. Thus, the device inherits all the service capabilities of traditional routers especially the ability to forward complicated overlapping services in X86 environments.
Diversified services plus flexible and reliable deployment
- The ZXR10 V6000 vRouter provides the same service functions with traditional hardware routers, including unicast/multicast routing, MPLS, overall VPN technology, QoS and IPSec.
- It provides complete CGN functions and supports CGN redundancy protection to ensure provisioning and reliability of private network IPv4 services.
- By supporting BFD, VRRP, ECMP, link bundling and FRR, the vRouter implements fast restoration from faults and provides service-level reliability.
Open capabilities and evolution to cloudified networks
- Depending on the service chain (SC)-based capacity expansion, NFV management plane and orchestration system, the vRouter enables flexible service orchestration and builds flexible and diversified network value-added platforms to satisfy the users’ various service demands.
- Based on ETSI NFV standard architecture, the device can run either on the ZTE TECS cloud operating system platform, or on any third party’s VMware and KVM virtual platforms. It helps the operators to make decoupled three-tier architecture come true.
- It supports OpenFlow/NetConf/VxLAN protocols and provides open northbound interfaces to implement synergy control of E2E network resources and boost network evolution towards SDN cloudification.
I want to Comment