The ZXR10 9900 Series switches is ZTE’s new generation of large-capacity, high-performance, highly reliable core switches oriented to data center. It provides large switching capacity, high density 10GE/40GE/100GE interfaces, carrier-class reliability and superior scalability. The ZXR10 9900 Series switch supports extensive data center service features such as VSC2.0 (Virtual Switch Cluster)/ TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)/ FCOE (Fibre Channel over Ethernet) / VXLAN (Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network) / SDN (Software Defined Network)/ Front-to-back airflow. The ZXR10 9900 Series switch can work with the ZXR10 5960-H Series switch to build elastic, virtualized, high-quality switching network that meets the requirements of cloud-computing data centers.
The ZXR10 9900 Series switch uses advanced CLOS hardware architecture and provides up to 84.5Tbps wire-speed switching capacity with high capacity service cards including: 48 x10GE interfaces, 36 x 40GE interfaces, and 12 x100GE interfaces.The ZXR10 9900 Series switch uses modular design, which shares control board, monitoring board, power supply module and fan module, minimizing the cost of spare parts and fully protecting user investment.
Coupled with distributed ROSng Software Platform, the ZXR10 9900 Series switch has models as 9916, 9908, 9904 (8 Switch Fabric Unit Slots) and 9916, 9908, 9904 (4 Switch Fabric Unit Slots). Except the difference of 8 or 4 Switch Fabric Unit Slots, the ZXR10 9900 Series switch delivers comprehensive products:
- ● 9904 supports 2 Intelligent Monitor Board slots, 2 Management Process Unit slots, 4 Line Interface Card slots, 4 AC/DC/HVDC Power Supply Module slots and 13 Fan Module slots. 14RU, Front-to-back airflow.
- ● 9908 supports 2 Intelligent Monitor Board slots, 2 Management Process Unit slots, 8 Line Interface Card slots, 8 AC/DC/HVDC Power Supply Module slots and 20 Fan Module slots. 21RU, Front-to-back airflow.
- ● 9916 supports 2 Intelligent Monitor Board slots, 2 Management Process Unit slots, 16 Line Interface Card slots, 16 AC/DC/HVDC Power Supply Module slots and 24 Fan Module slots. 32RU, Front-to-back airflow.
Up to 84.5Tbps Wire-speed Switching Capacity, 12 x 100GE/ 36 x 40GE / 144 x 10GE Interface Card
- ● The ZXR10 9900 Series switch supports up to 84.5Tbps wire-speed switching capacity with up to 5.3Tbps switching capacity per slot. It supports high density 10GE/40GE/ 100GE interfaces and delivers huge bandwidth capability to fulfill the growing service requirement in data center.
- ● The 10 GE ports support working as GE ports, 40GE port can be expanded into 4 10 GE port, flexible interface combination delivers easy deployment for core switch and save cost for customer.
Step into SDN Era
Deliver Better Data Center Service Experience.
- ● The ZXR10 9900 Series switch is SDN-based data center switch, based on OpenFlow interface to provide customer benefits of SDN technology.
- ● Support VXLAN (Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network) protocol, Not only L2 VxLAN but also L3 VxLAN. The ZXR10 9900 Series switch can support large L2 network interconnection cross L3 network and can support more than 16M tenants, which implements fast service deployment without changing the customer network in order to protect customer’s investments.
- ● The ZXR10 9900 Series switch can work as gateway of the VM in VxLAN scenario to expand the network scale and reduce the load of the core switch. Therefore it can enhance the reliability of the network.
- ● Through southbound interface of SDN Controller Netconf/OpenFlow/OVSDB, the ZXR10 9900 Series can download forwarding flow table, set up VxLAN forwarding tunnel, service configuration and centralized management.
- ● Visual GUI interface of SDN controller helps customer realize easy operation and service provisioning 。
- ● Support DCB (Data Center Bridging) protocol family and fully guarantee network reliability and no loss in full range. The ZXR10 9900 Series switch supports PFC (Priority-based Flow Control), QCN (Quantized Congestion Notification), ETS (Enhanced Transmission Selection), DCBX (Data Center Bridging Exchange), which ensure low latency and zero packet loss for high-speed computing services.
- ● Support multiple EVB (Ethernet Virtual Bridging) patterns including VM, VEB and VEPA (Virtual Ethernet Port aggregator), and these different patterns can coexist, so it can fulfill different networking requirements. With full support for related protocols like VDP (VSI Discovery Protocol), EDCP (Edge Devices Communication Protocol) and CDCP (S-Channel Discovery and Configuration Protocol), EVB can run smoothly.
- ● Provide strict front and rear air ducts in line with the requirements of data center construction.
High-Performance VSC2.0 (Virtual Switch Cluster) Technology
- ● VSC2.0 Capability: Stacking bandwidth between the VSC switches can be up to 3.2Tbps, which can solve the bandwidth bottleneck of VSC and deliver customer a real-time non-blocking VSC system. By using optical Ethernet interface for stacking, the stacking distance can be up to 80km and even more, it helps customer to get rid of distance restriction while designing a reliable VSC system.
- ● Reliability: Independent out-band management makes the control plane and forwarding plane separated. Through real-time control information hot-standby technology, the VSC system can achieve seamless switchover when failure happens.
- ● Saving investments: No need special stacking line card, the normal line card can be used for VSC connecting. When some interfaces are used for VSC, the other interfaces on this line card can also be used for traffic forwarding. No interfaces are wasted and that helps customer to save investments.
- ● Flexibility: Master and slave in VSC2.0 works in 1+N redundancy mode, MAD (Multi-active Detect) technology is used to detect and avoid dual master in VSC system when failure happens. Together with real-time hot-standby and seamless switchover it brings customer a more flexible VSC network.
Powerful Service Bearing Capability
- ● By supporting rich L2 switching and L3 routing functions and low latency forwarding, the ZXR10 9900 Series switch can bear lots of service including WLAN, Internet, Voice, Video, Enterprise private network and other data services.
- ● Support L2/L3 multicast, including IGMP snooping, Filtering, Proxy and Fast leave, MVR (Multicast VLAN Registration) and PIM to facilitate the services deployments such as IPTV, Multi-terminal HD video surveillance and video conferencing.
Comprehensive IPv6 Solution
- ● The ZXR10 9900 Series switch has passed the IPv6 Ready Phase 2 Gold Medal Certification issued by IPv6 Forum.
- ● Support IPv6 unicast routing protocols: IPv6 static routing, RIPng, OSPFv3, IS-ISv6, and BGP4+ and multicast features: MLD v1/v2, MLD snooping, PIMv6.
- ● Support IPv4-to-IPv6 tunnel technologies: IPv6 manual tunnels, 6-to-4 tunnel, ISATAP tunnel and IPv4-compatible automatic tunnel, etc.
Carrier-Class Reliability, Multi-Dimensional Security
- ● Control plane, Forwarding plane and Monitoring plane are physically separated on the ZXR10 9900 Series switch.
- ● All the key components of the ZXR10 9900 Series switch are redundant design and hot pluggable, including: Intelligent Monitor Boards, Management Process Units, Power supply modules, Fan modules.
- ● Support Ethernet OAM, including IEEE 802.3ah, 802.1ag, help monitor network real-time operating status and fulfill fast fault detection, fault location.
- ● Support various authentication methods such as 802.1x, Radius, TACACS+. Support CPU overload protection, anti-DDOS, deliver customer a security network.
Easy Maintenance, Saving OPEX
- ● Support physically independent monitoring plane, which can monitor the working temperature, fan situation, power situation, etc. It can help customer hold the network running status in real time.
- ● Support Zero-touch provisioning, the software and the configuration files can be loaded automatically, Reduce provision process and man power requirement.
- ● Support the SQA (Service Quality Analyzer), detecting the network quality periodically or in real time. In order to provide better quality of service for more valuable services.
Green for More