As smart terminals grow in popularity and the mobile Internet develops rapidly, data traffic volumes are hiking. Facing increasing mobile applications and rising user expectations, operators need to improve network quality and service levels quickly to increase user satisfaction rates. The development of telecommunication technologies stimulates wireless networks and fixed broadband access technologies to continuously evolve. Due to the coexistence of LTE, 2G, and 3G networks, the predominance of IP networks, and the convergence of wireless and fixed networks, networks are becoming increasingly complicated. Operators' continuous network construction also causes network scales to expand rapidly. As networks become increasingly complex and sprawling, network operators are facing the following challenges: how to manage complex networks, how to promote automatic management capabilities, how to increase operational efficiency, and how to lower operation expenditure.
However, operators' revenues are not going up in proportion to the increase in their investment. On the contrary, with the rise of OTT and other services, the traditional telecommunication business model is under great impact, and the gap between the volume increase and service revenue addition is widening. The soaring of data and voice traffic volumes in the scenarios of important events also puts huge pressure on networks, and brings potential risks to network security. In an increasingly complicated operational environment, operators also need to improve network efficiency, service quality, and customer experience in addition to guaranteeing network coverage, bandwidth, and capacity. Therefore, the transformation of operations management is inevitable.
Challenges to Customers
In a competitive environment, operators face the following challenges:
- How to provide users with attractive experience and how to carry out operation transformation to improve overall operational efficiency.
- How to ensure service quality, subscriber experience and fidelity and how to decrease financial burdens and subscriber churn rates under the explosive growth of smart terminals and data services.
- How to achieve the following objectives in the face of the competition from OTT: operation mode transformation oriented to business objectives, industrial chain integration, refined operation, and revenue growth.
- How to optimize O&M organization, processes, platforms, and tools and how to innovatively transform the O&M mode for supporting smooth network evolution, network quality improvement, efficiency promotion, and cost reduction in the face of rapidly growing traffic volumes and quickly evolving technologies.
Facing increasingly fierce competition and the challenge of ICT integration, more and more operators have realized that they can no longer develop and operate the traditionally technical-driving capital-intensive telecommunication industry as before. Instead, they need to turn to service process–driving operation and investment that bring value to subscribers, and to manage their networks more intensively. Operator's operation management transformation is facing challenges from networks, services, and commerce.
ZTE's service process consulting service uses an all-round methodology that has been proved by practice. It provides service-oriented operation consulting solutions for operators, which help operators to cut costs, increase operation efficiency, carry out best operation, and achieve business objectives.
To meet complex challenges to operation, operators need widespread changes at all levels of their organizations. ZTE's business process consulting considers process, KPI, organization, and capability management, brings the best practice of global ZTE management services, optimizes customer service operation, and increases the overall efficiency of networks and organizations.
- Enhancing competitiveness: Processes are optimized to keep the competitiveness of user experience and to enhance user fidelity.
- Increasing revenues: Data of ETOM and global advanced cases are analyzed to find sales opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling.
- Increasing management efficiency: Service processes are improved and operation costs are reduced to support the objectives of operation management.
- Improving user experience: Organization's interfaces with users such as sales channels and customer care organizations are improved.