With the rapidly changing application environment and increasing service requirements, how to plan the architecture of a data center to support the service development has become a common concern. ZTE’s data center consulting & planning service can help a customer develop a three to five-year plan on data center architecture in accordance with the customer’s strategic targets of service development and the current service environment, so that the data center can effectively support the current service systems and the service systems to be created in the future.
Challenges to Customers
Existing data centers have the following challenges:
- The power supply system is so vulnerable to cause a serious shortage of electric power.
- The cooling of the air conditioner is inadequate, and the air flows are not reasonably organized.
- The structural load fails to meet the standard, and the fire prevention facilities need to be improved.
- The fencing structure is not reasonable.
- The total amount of IT resources increases year by year in an unplanned manner.
- The capacity and development of the data centers are limited.
To solve the above problems, you need to re-plan the existing data center or create a data center based on a new plan. ZTE's data center consulting & planning service is the best choice for you.
Based on multiple years of experience in data center construction, ZTE Corporation develops a set of methods for planning the architecture of a data center:
- Analysis of the data center architecture requirement
- Overall design and implementation of the data center architecture
- Preparation and discussion for the design of data center components
- Design of data center infrastructure components and formulation of technical specifications
The following figure shows typical data center architecture:
>>Analysis of the data center architecture requirement
Analyze the current IT infrastructure architecture based on the operational status of service system.
Determine the vision of data center architecture construction based on the advanced foreign experiences and the customer's direction of development and management requirements.
Analyze the current IT infrastructure architecture and relevant infrastructure components, and determine the functions and future development directions of the components based on the vision of the data center architecture construction.
>>Overall design and implementation of the data center architecture
Based on the analysis of the data center architecture and the customer’s vision, analyze the contents of data center construction, draw the data center architecture diagram, define and describe components in the infrastructure architecture to provide basis for the data center architecture design, and develop an overall design for infrastructure construction based on the customer's three or five-year plan.
Based on the data center architecture diagram, finish the design of the data center architecture, and define the production and test specifications for servers, databases and middleware software, storage, network, security, redundancy, system management, and storage backup.
>>Preparation and discussion for the design of data center components
Based on the infrastructure architecture diagram drawn in the overall design phase, together with the technical architecture requirements of each system, including production-related hardware, network, storage, software, system management, and safety components and related services, determine detailed technical requirements and specifications for the architecture of each system.
>>Design of data center infrastructure components and formulation of technical specifications
ZTE Corporation specifies the design of servers, storage, network, security, integrated system management and data backup in the infrastructure and provides the technical specifications corresponding to each component in the infrastructure for reference.
- Referring to proper standards: When planning and designing a data center, ZTE Corporation starts from the customer's services and IT requirements, refers to international/national industry standards, and proactively incorporates standards related to data center construction into the design.
- Making decisions from multiple perspectives: When planning and designing a data center, ZTE Corporation helps the customer optimize the costs from the following aspects: construction investment and efficiency of use, usability and flexibility, and capacity requirements.
- Using advanced design and analysis tools.
- Making the data center infrastructure plan match the IT development strategy.
- Obtaining the best match between the usability/reliability and the total cost to help reduce the investments.
- Taking full account of data center maintenance and management.
- Obtaining reasonable capacity plan and expandability.
- Taking full account of high-density equipment requirements.
- Using efficient and energy saving technologies to build a green data center.