ZXR10 2900E series switches are the superior layer 2 switches presented by ZTE. With innovative "easy" concept incorporated in every detail and M-button function, ZXR10 2900E series switches bring users the ultimate efficiency, cutting the maintenance costs of the network through simple yet efficient methods.
ZXR10 2900E provides rich products, supporting two-way ACL, POE, green mute design. With a variety of management methods, fully meet the high reliability, multi service integration, easy maintenance and other network requirements of operators.
ZXR10 2900E offers following switch types:
● 2910E: 8*FE RJ45 + 2*GE Combo
● 2910E-PS: 8*FE RJ45 (POE/POE+) + 2*GE Combo
● 2918E-PS: 16*FE RJ45 (POE/POE+) + 2*GE Combo
● 2928E: 24*FE RJ45 + 2*GE Combo + 2*GE SFP
● 2928E-PS: 24*FE RJ45 (POE/POE+) + 1*expansion card slot
● 2952E: 48*FE RJ45+4*GE SFP
● 2952E-PS: 48*FE RJ45 (POE/POE+) + 1*expansion card slot
The expansion card slot can be equipped with one of following types of cards:
- ● 4 FE SFP ports card
- ● 4 GE SFP ports card
- ● 4 GE RJ45 ports card
The state-of-the-art ZXR10 2900E series switches have full support to all the leading L2 features and are suitable to be placed in service provider networks. ZXR10 2900E provides full service support, ease-of-maintenance experiences, highly secure and reliable networking methods to ensure sound network operation.
Smart VLAN Support
- ● ZXR10 2900E series switches not only support 1:1 VLAN mapping, but also support N: 1 VLAN mapping. Vlan aggregation thus can be realized at the access layer, increasing the efficiency of VLAN utilization.
- ● ZXR10 2900E also supports other VLAN features, including port-based VLAN, subnet VLAN, Protocol-based VLAN, SuperVLAN, QinQ and flexible selective QinQ. Network administrator can distinguish user and service effectively and apply different strategies thereafter.
- ● ZXR10 2900E supports voice VLAN, which means the automatic assignment of dedicated VLAN and QoS strategy to voice equipments, thus enabling the voice traffic to enjoy high priority.
Improve Video Bearing Capabilities
- ● Multicast service is the profitable point of many operators. ZXR10 2900E fully supports L2/L3 multicast, including IGMP snooping, Filtering, Proxy and Fastleave and MVR (Multicast VLAN Registration) to facilitate the deployments of these services.
- ● Besides that, ZXR10 2900E series products support IPTV, which means they are capable of providing rich CAC (channel access control) rules.
- ● Multicast QoS are also supported to minimize the risks of delay, jitter of the multicast traffic.
- ● ZXR10 2900E supports IPv6 features, including Telnet v6, Ping V6, ICMPv6, ND, MLD Snooping, IPV6 ACL and DHCP V6 Snooping to facilitate the deployment of these services.
Intelligent Power Over Ethernet
- ● All the electrical access interfaces of ZXR10 2910E-PS, 2918E-PS and 2928E-PS support POE and POE+, which go in line with 802.3af and 802.3at standards, and are compatible with PD equipments that doesn't support 802.3af and 802.3at. For POE, the power output per single interface can reach 15.4W; For POE+, the power output per single interface can reach 30W.
- ● ZXR10 2910E-PS, 2918E-PS and 2928E-PS supports assigning POE time-ranges and assigning the maximum POE output for specific interfaces, in time periods that doesn't need power output, the POE function can be turned off, saving energy for the customer.
- ● ZXR10 2910E-PS, 2918E-PS and 2928E-PS support negotiating POE power through LLDP-MED; once the needed power is bigger than the output power, alarms will be generated and sent to the OAM centre.
PPPoE+ and VBAS
- ● PPPoE+ and VBAS (Virtual Broadband Access Server) are two very useful measures to provide user circuit identification means in user access network.
- ● When acting as a L2 switch or L2 switch and enabled with PPPoE+ or VBAS, ZXR10 2900E can insert user circuit information into the packets so the BRAS can have the detailed user location info for future billing/control/ACL implementation purposes.
- ● ZXR10 2900E series switches support Ethernet smart ring protection function, which goes in line with RFC3619 and ITU.T G.8032 standard. Ethernet smart ring protection can be implemented in both close ring and open ring topology; Multiple instances can be configured in order to realize load-balancing. The switchover time can be kept below 50ms.
- ● ZESS (ZTE Ethernet Smart Switch) and LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol) can help guarantee the reliability of the uplink connection.
- ● With technologies like DHCP snooping and IP source guard, user validity can be guaranteed; DAI (dynamic ARP inspection) function can help effectively mitigate the influence caused by ARP attacks.
- ● 2900E supports MFF (MAC forced forwarding), L2 separation and L3 inter-communication can be realized;
- ● ZXR10 2900E supports rich security related measures to ensure the customer can have a robust network.
- ● Support bidirectional ACL and provide rich and efficient security control capability in network access layer.
- ● After user passed 802.1X authentication, the MAC/IP/port relationship can be automatically frozen, so that future MAC/IP spoofing attacks can be prevented.
- ● With DAI (Dynamic ARP inspection) function and IP/MAC binding, the DOS attacks would be effectively restricted;
- ● Network traffic monitoring technologies including mirroring (SPAN and RSPAN) and sFlow are all supported, further enhancing the security of the network.
- ● The innovative M-Button function enables the network administrator to fetch important equipment information including port/memory/CPU status in case of network problems, enabling instant trouble-shooting, and thus reducing OPEX to the utmost extent.
- ● GVRP VLAN Registration Protocol can help network administrators reduce network configuration workloads and easily deploy large amounts of VLAN in complicated networking environment. ZXR10 2900E series switches support the implementation, distribution, registration and transmission of VLAN attribute in dynamic GVRP pattern, which can simplify VLAN configuration management, and reduce network interconnection problems caused by inconsistent configuration.
- ● ZXR10 2900E series switches support Zero Configurations, which means the switch can automatically download software images and configurations, enabling plug and play and drastically reducing maintenance cost.
- ● Two software image files can be stored for backup purpose.
Following green and eco-friendly design philosophy, ZXR10 2900E helps the customers save energy and reduce power consumption from all the aspects of design:
- ● 2910E/2918E/2928E/2952E is designed with fan less. Other POE types are equipped with super silent fan.
- ● The product adopts the advanced chip technology, so the power consumption of the main chip is reduced up to 20%.
- ● The materials used during the product life span of 2900E completely meet RoHS and WEEE standards.