Superior Experience, Bringing you Reality-like Voice and Video Experience
New Experience for Mobile Users
With the development from 2G, 3G to 4G, the network performance is becoming better while the user data rate becoming higher, which bring the operators the benefit of cost efficiency and bring mobile users better service experiences.
However, for mobile users, they only care about one thing that is they can use the network ‘well’ anywhere and anytime, no matter how excellent the network KPIs are or how advanced the telecom equipments are. Using network ‘well’ means fast data rate, no stalling, no delay, real voice, clear picture, etc., and of course not expensive.
Meanwhile, what the operators care about is changing from the network performance to user experience, which requires the vendors to provide the relative solutions and monitoring tools.
ZTE Pre5G can not only provide Giga+ super-fast experience, but realize series of superior experience functions which focus on improving user experience, including: HD voice eVoLTE, HD video eVideo and low latency.
HD Voice Experience – eVoLTE
As the basic service, voice requires to be guaranteed by the operators first. However, with the continuous reduction of voice ARPU, operators are considering how to reduce the cost of voice service but improve the voice quality.
With the large-scale construction of 4G LTE network, especially the 4G seamless coverage, the application of VoLTE is becoming possible. Compared with other technologies, VoLTE shows obvious advantages:
|Voice quality MOS||3-4||2-3||4-4.5|
1. VoLTE is based on PS domain, matching LTE network just right. It will switch to 2G/3G CS domain only in blind spots of LTE coverage
2. Almost all mainstream LTE terminals can support VoLTE, and VoLTE is no longer limited to mobile phones, all kinds of terminals including tablet, PC, etc. can support VoLTE
3. VoLTE is based on data service, calling and internet surfing can happen at the same time. Furthermore, VoLTE can bring operators large amount of data traffic
4. VoLTE can improve the spectrum efficiency, on the same spectrum band, VoLTE users can reach 6-7 times that of GSM users, and twice that of WCDMA users
1. TTI Bundling: improve the UL coverage in the cell edge, the coverage area can improve 45%.
2. SPS: half-static schedule, it can simplify the signaling, and improve cell capacity to 5-20%.
3. RoHC: It can compress the redundant packet header to save the resource of air interface
HD Video Experience -- eVideo
With the development of LTE network construction, mobile network can support higher data rates and the cost of per bit becomes lower. As the main contributor, video traffic will occupy higher share among all the data services, according the prediction from Cisco, video will contribute more than 2/3 data traffic in a cell by 2020.
Meanwhile, with the popularization of intelligent terminals, the improvement of screen and performance and the more attention to mobile users from video providers, 720P and higher HD video will become the main direction of mobile video in the following several years which will bring a big challenge to the existing mobile network. The requirements of HD video are as follows:
|HD 720P||FHD 1080P||SHD 2K|
|Initial data rate||3Mbps||5Mbps||10Mbps|
|Stalling percentage during playing||0||0||0|
|Average data rate during playing||1.5Mbps||3Mbps||6Mbps|
The current performance of 4G can hardly meet the above requirements of HD video. Especiallywhen a large number of HD videos are running at the same time, they bring a big challenge to 4G networks.
1. Stream scheduling optimization: Distributing different priorities to different stages, reducing the initial buffer time according the different requirements of bandwidth in the initial stage and playing stage.
2. TCP optimization: introducing the mechanism of TCP segment, reducing the frequency and time of TCP re-transmission to improve the network throughput and reduce delay.
3. MEC: moving the content distribution close to the user side, reducing the service transmission delay in the network, improving the network throughput and realizing the content optimization dynamically.
Low Latency Solution
No matter data service or voice service, delay means bad experience, especially for delay sensitive services like: AR/VR, online game, etc. The result of large delay will cause the user to abandon the service or complain with dissatisfaction.
According to the statistics from Amazon, 100ms delay will reduce 1% sale; meanwhile, according to the statistics from Google, 0.5s delay will reduce 20% traffic. So, delay means not only bad experience but money loss.
In the 4G stage, the latency of network is 50ms; while ZTE Pre5G obviously reduced the latency to 10ms, which benefit from series of latency solutions introduced. The key functions solving the latency include short TTI and MEC.
1. Short TTI: reducing the traditional LTE TTI from 14 OFDM symbols to 1-7 OFDM symbols, which can obviously reduce the processing delay
2. MEC: moving the content distribution close to the user side, reducing the service transmission time in the network which obviously reduced the network delay